ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dreamz

Urgent

Post by dreamz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi
can we go apply for student visa while waiting for psw decision? Old leave to remain is expired. Any advice?
Bye

atul.kundra1982

Re: Urgent

Post by atul.kundra1982 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 pm

dreamz wrote:Hi
can we go apply for student visa while waiting for psw decision? Old leave to remain is expired. Any advice?
Bye
i dont think so mate !

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:45 am

Bye
NO

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:20 pm

Bye
U cant do it unless u have your passport with u with a valid visa..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Bye
You would not have Passport to apply, so you cant. The only option would be to withdraw your application and reapply. They would send back your passport without any visa, so it would be a trouble when you reapply.

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:36 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
Bye
You would not have Passport to apply, so you cant. The only option would be to withdraw your application and reapply. They would send back your passport without any visa, so it would be a trouble when you reapply.
My uni advisor spoke to HO and they said, yes i can apply for student visa but i have to withdraw my psw application and then apply for student visa.

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:47 pm

dreamz wrote:
tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
Bye
My uni advisor spoke to HO and they said, yes i can apply for student visa but i have to withdraw my psw application and then apply for student visa.
I don't think you can apply. If you withdraw your PSW application, since your previous leave has expired, you will be 'stateless'. You need to have a valid, unexpired leave to apply for leave-to-remain as a student.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:30 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:43 am

I ll spoke to HO tomorrow and ask them for written confirmation that i can apply for student visa and thn i ll withdraw.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:01 pm

dreamz wrote:
I ll spoke to HO tomorrow and ask them for written confirmation that i can apply for student visa and thn i ll withdraw.
Yeah u can do it..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================