ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECAA visa for turkish - URGENT HELP!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mayaa
Newly Registered

ECAA visa for turkish - URGENT HELP!

Post by mayaa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi everyone. I need some help urgently...

I'm thinking about applying for ECAA. My situation is as follows:

I have been working via a recruitment agency from March 2008 to April 2009 (over one year). I was placed at a pharmaceutical company, but I was paid by the agency.

The pharma company has now offered me a permanent contract which began in May 2009.

Can I still apply successfully for the ECAA? I hope this technicality does not affect the situation.

The UKBA website says on ECAA for Turkish citizens:
"apply for further permission to stay in the United Kingdom after you have worked here for one year, so that you can continue to work for the same employer (if a job is available)"

I am working for the same employer (end employer), but was paid via an recruitment agency... and the job is available (evidenced by my new permanent contract).

I was thinking if i can get letters from the agency and the pharma company, this would also help?

What do you think my rights of appeal would be if I was turned down initially?

Please help guys.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:24 pm

What is your leave (visa) for now, and when did you come to the UK?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:35 am

PaperPusher wrote:What is your leave (visa) for now, and when did you come to the UK?
Good question.

If the OP was working legally, and still has Leave, his employment with the agency should qualify him for further Leave under the ECAA agreement, as long as he can show that the employment was continuous and he was not just on the agency's books.