ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Travel on HSMP - Any Ideas?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umair_munir
Newly Registered

Business Travel on HSMP - Any Ideas?

Post by umair_munir » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:46 pm

Some of you might be having the same issue. I have been offered this oppurtunity to work for a company that require me to travel quite extensively all around the world. Altough, they are willing to base me in their UK office. The amount of travel each year would be at least 60-80 days in a year.

Does anyone had the same issue and can shed some light on this issue. My current situation is that I have got a residence permit stamped from the HO and it expires in 2 years.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:50 pm

One of my friends qualified and came to the UK on an HSMP visa. He got his first job as a business development manager and consequently had to travel overseas quite often for short periods of time.

He recieved his 3 year extension recently without any problem. He also maintained copies of invitation letters, office documents that made his "business" travel neccessary.

umair_munir
Newly Registered

Post by umair_munir » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. I already have the three years extension. I am more worried about getting the ILR at the end of the four years. But it is a good idea to keep all the invitation letters and travel documents with one to prove that the travel was indeed for business purposes.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:44 pm

off topic, but how long will you have been physically in the UK after the completion of 3 year extension?