ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilaya_1981
Newly Registered

EEA2

Post by ilaya_1981 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Yes i received an email and also a letter from homeoffice in a weeks time.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Patience wrote:I recently clocked the 6 months limit and used the email above to complain a week ago and got a reply by post today.

Well, the Lady in charge of my case sent me a letter claiming she sent me a letter to my home address in January 2009 requesting for further documents to support my application.Wow, that is only 1 month after receiving my COA and 2 month after sending my EEA application.So she means my application would have been processed 2 months after submitting if I supplied all relevant documents.(Note I did not send my passport and my wife's)

Well, I do not believe her.Simply because I did not get her letter and there is no way an EE2 application is processed after 2 months,looking at complains from this forum.Someone should prove me wrong.

She even sent me a file copy of the letter sent to me.Dated January.She also demanded passports originals and latest payslip within 14 days.I will send them over.This is some fantastic development on my case.

However I cannot believe she sent me a letter asking for these same documents in January, only 2 months after my application.No way.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ns-june-09

Patience

Post by Patience » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:58 pm

DFDS. wrote:
Patience wrote:I recently clocked the 6 months limit and used the email above to complain a week ago and got a reply by post today.

Well, the Lady in charge of my case sent me a letter claiming she sent me a letter to my home address in January 2009 requesting for further documents to support my application.Wow, that is only 1 month after receiving my COA and 2 month after sending my EEA application.So she means my application would have been processed 2 months after submitting if I supplied all relevant documents.(Note I did not send my passport and my wife's)

Well, I do not believe her.Simply because I did not get her letter and there is no way an EE2 application is processed after 2 months,looking at complains from this forum.Someone should prove me wrong.

She even sent me a file copy of the letter sent to me.Dated January.She also demanded passports originals and latest payslip within 14 days.I will send them over.This is some fantastic development on my case.

However I cannot believe she sent me a letter asking for these same documents in January, only 2 months after my application.No way.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ns-june-09
How is the link above relevant to my situation?

My application was made last in 2008.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Should you have submited all the original Docs, you would have succeded with in six months!

doudou
Newly Registered

Post by doudou » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:15 am

DFDS. wrote:
doudou wrote:
DFDS. wrote:Under what capacity did you apply? am just learning about interviews from you with EEA applications.
I am from non EU country and my spouse is from estonia we have being husband and wife since 24 dec 2007. so i have apply as a husband of EU national.

As I've stated in my post, i haven't come across an experience similar to yours, though a good number of EEA2 applicants who are family members of qualified persons have experienced delays. Never the less, if its true, this kind of delay is out of proportion, And the manner in which your application is being handled seems to deffer from the usual way EEA applications are being handled. If at all, it would have been a home visit, other than an interview with your spouse! By the time of your application, had your spouse worked for 12 months+? Where you issued with the normal COA?
hi is me again.I have receive COA after 2 weeks, my wife is working since 2006 and the same job till now.

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:18 pm

DFDS. wrote:Should you have submited all the original Docs, you would have succeded with in six months!
I wish that were true. However if you read the stories on this forum you will see that loads of people who did send a complete application before June 2009 have been waiting for over 6 months (some even a year) without receiving any info from the HO.

I have complained about my application last week as well as my 6 months period was breached. No news so far. :(

doudou
Newly Registered

Post by doudou » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Gerkema wrote:
DFDS. wrote:Should you have submited all the original Docs, you would have succeded with in six months!
I wish that were true. However if you read the stories on this forum you will see that loads of people who did send a complete application before June 2009 have been waiting for over 6 months (some even a year) without receiving any info from the HO.

I have complained about my application last week as well as my 6 months period was breached. No news so far. :(
I wich you good luck and be strong God already set the direction for you.

mark2009
Newly Registered

Post by mark2009 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:06 pm

Has anyone been invited for an interview by the Home office?
I have been waiting for 13months and i just got a letter asking me to come for an interview.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:16 pm

mark2009 wrote:Has anyone been invited for an interview by the Home office?
I have been waiting for 13months and i just got a letter asking me to come for an interview.
What kind of application have you made, is it EEA2 ? if so in what catargory, as i've seen already one post where a member applied as a spouse, and he has been told to attend an interview as well.

mark2009
Newly Registered

Post by mark2009 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:21 pm

I applied as a Married non-EEA family member to a German girl.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Well this is the second case am now reading about attending interview, for EEA2 spouse application. Did you submit all the required supporting Docs with your application including the ID?

mark2009
Newly Registered

Post by mark2009 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:35 pm

Yes, I did.
All documents have been submited and they have issued my wife's RC but they havent issued mine and now they asked me to come for an interview.

I need an advise about it so that i can prepare my self, my wife will go there with me as well just in case.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:40 pm

mark2009 wrote:Yes, I did.
All documents have been submited and they have issued my wife's RC but they havent issued mine and now they asked me to come for an interview.

I need an advise about it so that i can prepare my self, my wife will go there with me as well just in case.
I doubt if the interview should worry you so much at the moment, as long as you are the family member of the EEA person exercising treaty rights. Resident cards are not mandatory for family members of EEA qualified persons. I would suggest you carry with you all the necessary proof to show that you are the family member.
http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... iew=Binary
Last edited by DFDS. on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:53 pm

If you take a good study of the link in the above post, you will get to know about all your rights as a family member.

Patience

Post by Patience » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Why are you so sure?If you pay attention to the complaints here, you will get a good idea of how long an EEA2 application takes.

I just find in outstandingly abnormal that my application could have been dealt with after 2 months of applying.

I have sent over the supporting documents requested.Let us see how much longer it takes.

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 am

Totally untrue !!! Delays are just due to UKBA incompetence and total disregard for EU law... the more you complain the better you increase your chances to get processed earlier !!!

Cheers. Eric

edwards79
Newly Registered

Post by edwards79 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:07 am

I believe d interview is for finger print cos its nw mandatory for non eu to have national id card

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Gerkema wrote:I have complained about my application last week as well as my 6 months period was breached. No news so far. :(
Yesterday received a confirmation letter about my complaint. It was however addressed to me with the subject also my name, whereas I clearly stated that the complaint was about the delay in my wife's EEA2 RC.

Anyway, this letter contrary to the COA did have a Case ID. Would this then be the case ID of my wife's application, or is it just the case ID of my complaint?

wendowed
Newly Registered

Post by wendowed » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:18 am

doudou wrote:
DFDS. wrote:Under what capacity did you apply? am just learning about interviews from you with EEA applications.
I am from non EU country and my spouse is from estonia we have being husband and wife since 24 dec 2007. so i have apply as a husband of EU national.

I am in the same shoes. My wife is from estonia and we have been married since 2007 july. I applied last october. I have been complaining for a long time over 50 times. Last week I got a letter asking for her proof of work. We have a small baby 12 months old and she stopped working to take care of baby. I am the one who is working and on the forms I filled out that i was the one working. She had already finished the 12 months requirement for worker registration. She has just registered herself as self employed as she is a graphic and web designer, and am a web developer. We are waiting for her self emplyment certificate papers to come from HMRS. Though we started her business 3 months ago.

We are self sufficient but my question is if this position will disqualify my application. Its summer and i we want to travel at least for some weather change. Am from a non-EEA country.

Any advice will be appreciated.

mark2009
Newly Registered

Post by mark2009 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:27 pm

Is anyone still waiting for their Passport and RC after their EU partner have received theirs?

I heard the Home Office now processes EE1 and EEA 2 of family members seprately.

alinapetrenko
Newly Registered

8.5 months waiting

Post by alinapetrenko » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi everybody,

I sent my EEA2 application on November 5, 2008. I have written a complaint letter, since it seems to have helped some of you. Could somebody please provide me with an email address to send it to? In the letters that I have received from them, there is conveniently a 'blank' in front of the @homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
The two names I have are Anthony Beckett and A Maguire. Perhaps anthony.beckett? Is the @homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk the domain you guys wrote to?

Thanks so much!

alinapetrenko
Newly Registered

Post by alinapetrenko » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi everybody,

I sent my EEA2 application on November 5, 2008. I have written a complaint letter, since it seems to have helped some of you. Could somebody please provide me with an email address to send it to? In the letters that I have received from them, there is conveniently a 'blank' in front of the @homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
The two names I have are Anthony Beckett and A Maguire. Perhaps anthony.beckett? Is the @homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk the domain you guys wrote to?

Thanks so much!

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:33 pm

the email address can be found on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... complaints
The North West CSU can deal with complaints from customers living in the region or complaints about the service provided by the region. It also deals with complaints relating to citizenship and nationality applications, and to applications by EEA nationals.

aamir4ug
Newly Registered

Post by aamir4ug » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:54 am

I m trying to call HO from last three days for 3 hours every day but unable to go through. i was asked to submit latest documents last month which i send recorded delivery on 30 may. On 10th of june i call and ask for the process and response was that they have not receive the document. when i said i ahve checked Postoffice web side for confirmation then lady reply as it may not have loaded on system. and only it will be worked on if the documents will be loaded onthe system. i m just worried as if they r not sure they have receive the documents then how long i should wait to know they have the documents plus is anyone else getting it difficult to pass through help line. ?///????

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:23 pm

I have received a letter asking me to submit additional documents (passports, evidence of exercising EU treaty rights and marriage certificate).

This of course is good news, however, they want we to submit this within 21 days, ie before 13 July. My wife is today going to her family in Russia and I will follow in 1 month, which means we cannot submit these documents before September. Could this be a problem? I have tried and tried again today to call 0845 010 5200, but I can't get through as all advisors are currently busy.

Does anyone have some experience with submitting original documents later than the suggested 21 days?