ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Student Registration with GNIB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

astrid
Newly Registered

Question about Student Registration with GNIB

Post by astrid » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:52 pm

My partner is Irish and resides in Dublin. We have been doing long distance for 3 years now, and would like to live together. We tried for a green card, but were unsuccessful. It looks like studying in Ireland is the simplest way to go about this, until we marry.

I've found a program a 2 year program that I like, and will have a letter of acceptance etc from them soon. I'm from a non visa required country. I have bank statements showing more than 7k euro per year of study.

The course starts in September. I would like to enter the country in July, and spend the summer with my partner and his child. I understand that I may be eligible to work up to 20 hrs per week, once I am in school, but I do not want to be allowed to work during the summer, just to remain in the country. Any idea if this is possible?

If I arrive at Dublin Airport in early July with the student information and ask for a 3 month tourist stamp, and then go to register with GNIB as a student in late August, is this likely to work?

many thanks.