ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 months means 90 days??

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shamim_from_london
Newly Registered

3 months means 90 days??

Post by Shamim_from_london » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:38 am

hi there..i would like to know that bank statement covering 3 months means 90 days??? as im going to apply soon and my statement is covering from 6 march to 5 june which is 91 days...is that ok???..if not then looking forward to hear suggestion

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: 3 months means 90 days??

Post by yasa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Shamim_from_london wrote:hi there..i would like to know that bank statement covering 3 months means 90 days??? as im going to apply soon and my statement is covering from 6 march to 5 june which is 91 days...is that ok???..if not then looking forward to hear suggestion
Off course dude its fine.... u are good to go....
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

Shamim_from_london
Newly Registered

Post by Shamim_from_london » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:17 pm

but boss i have got my statement from 6 march to 5 june and someone from immigration advisor told me that it should be 6 march to 6 june that means 6 to 6.
i have already covered 91 days from 6 march to 5 june.shall i go for this statement or will take couple of days more statements and attach it wid my application??
looking forward to hear from u

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:33 pm

I really do think 6th March to 5th June is 3 months. They can't reject based on that as most bank statements will be from x date y month to x-1 date y+1 month.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:31 pm

In your case, 6th March to 5th June is the required 3 month period. So, don't fret, you're OK with those statements.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Shamim_from_london wrote:but boss i have got my statement from 6 march to 5 june and someone from immigration advisor told me that it should be 6 march to 6 june that means 6 to 6.
i have already covered 91 days from 6 march to 5 june.shall i go for this statement or will take couple of days more statements and attach it wid my application??
Who is that immigration advisor..... if its the one in HO then they are useless...
=======================
=======================

Shamim_from_london
Newly Registered

Post by Shamim_from_london » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:31 am

yasa wrote:
Shamim_from_london wrote:but boss i have got my statement from 6 march to 5 june and someone from immigration advisor told me that it should be 6 march to 6 june that means 6 to 6.
Who is that immigration advisor..... if its the one in HO then they are useless...
This advisor is from international work permit,covent garden

sungmin
Newly Registered

Post by sungmin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:31 pm

[quote="Shamim_from_london"]hi there..i would like to know that bank statement covering 3 months means 90 days??? as im going to apply soon and my statement is covering from 6 march to 5 june which is 91 days...is that ok???..if not then looking forward to hear suggestion[/quote]

FYI, my application was refused based on the two day difference in the starting date and the ending date of my bank statements (4 Oct - 2 Jan). I don't think they really care how many days it is but as long as the starting and the ending date on your statements are the same you should be safe. OR just attach 4 months worth of bank statements.

Trust me, it's worth going over every single detail even if you think its unnecessary. When you say the advisor from HO is useless it also means their assessment is useless or more like brainless. It never hurts to attach more information than less.

Sungmin
Last edited by sungmin on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:38 pm

sungmin wrote: Sungmin
I agree with that.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:52 pm

sungmin wrote:
Shamim_from_london wrote:hi there..i would like to know that bank statement covering 3 months means 90 days??? as im going to apply soon and my statement is covering from 6 march to 5 june which is 91 days...is that ok???..if not then looking forward to hear suggestion
FYI, my application was refused based on the two day difference in the starting date and the ending date of my bank statements (4 Oct - 2 Jan). I don't think they really care how many days it is but as long as the starting and the ending date on your statements are the same you should be safe. OR just attach 4 months worth of bank statements.

Trust me, it's worth going over every single detail even if you think its unnecessary. When you say the advisor from HO is useless it also means their assessment is useless or more like brainless. It never hurts to attach more information than less.

Sungmin
Agreed that probably safest to attach 4 months of bank statements.

But in your case, you were definitely not 3 months from the 4 Oct to 2 Jan. But if you had statements from the 4th Oct to 3 Jan that would be ok. In fact, it is strange that your bank provided you with such monthly statements.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:56 pm

Dude if u got enough time to apply then for the peace of mind apply for one more statement and when it arrives then apply for your visa....
=======================
=======================

sungmin
Newly Registered

Post by sungmin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:35 pm

[quote="dahokolomoki"]
Agreed that probably safest to attach 4 months of bank statements.

But in your case, you were definitely not 3 months from the 4 Oct to 2 Jan. But if you had statements from the 4th Oct to 3 Jan that would be ok. In fact, it is strange that your bank provided you with such monthly statements.[/quote]

The point is, the reason for refusal in the letter from HO was that the starting and the end date didn't match, therefore not satisfying the 3 month period, instead of basing it on the number days which the statements cover (eg. 90days).

Shamim_from_london
Newly Registered

Post by Shamim_from_london » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:56 pm

yasa wrote:
Dude if u got enough time to apply then for the peace of mind apply for one more statement and when it arrives then apply for your visa....
i have ordered statement from 5 june to 8 june but the officer said its not guaranteed that i will b getting it also when i will b getting it...strange!!!!However they have printed a transaction page stating the account number only,bank logo on top,(name and address hand written on request) and stamped on it.Will it work??

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 am

Shamim_from_london wrote:
yasa wrote:
i have ordered statement from 5 june to 8 june but the officer said its not guaranteed that i will b getting it also when i will b getting it...strange!!!!However they have printed a transaction page stating the account number only,bank logo on top,(name and address hand written on request) and stamped on it.Will it work??
As long as it is stamped and signed it is fine..
=======================
=======================

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:14 pm

yasa wrote:

Dude, don’t confuse yourself and the home office. Keep things simple and clear. If you have ordered the statement now for only 4 Days, you could have ordered 4 months statement straight away!! It will take same amount of time to come to you.

From my personal experience, the HO Case Workers are as dumb as donkeys. I applied my wife’s visa with bank statements from two banks. Both had 10 times the required money and that too since past one year, however, I sent past six months statement. They refused the visa by saying the statement of one account is more than 30 days old, which was obviously my mistake that I sent old statement but the other bank statement was fine and within the timeframe. The donkey brained case worker never even bothered the check the other bank statement!! :evil:

So keep things simple and clear and don’t confuse them by providing multiple documents of same nature.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:19 pm

yasa wrote:
Shamim_from_london wrote:!!However they have printed a transaction page stating the account number only,bank logo on top,(name and address hand written on request) and stamped on it.Will it work??

The transaction page is not so good, If you have e-banking facility, get a print out of your account statements and take them to your bank and ask them to write "Checked with our records" or something like that, get signed with date and bank stamp on individual pages!!

Shamim_from_london
Newly Registered

Post by Shamim_from_london » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:22 am

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
yasa wrote:
Shamim_from_london wrote:!!However they have printed a transaction page stating the account number only,bank logo on top,(name and address hand written on request) and stamped on it.Will it work??

The transaction page is not so good, If you have e-banking facility, get a print out of your account statements and take them to your bank and ask them to write "Checked with our records" or something like that, get signed with date and bank stamp on individual pages!!
this transaction page isnt like mini statement from cash machine.its showing balances of each day.the bank logo on top.account number in other side;stamped,signed and dated.the account holders name and address are hand written as requested.

Shamim_from_london
Newly Registered

Post by Shamim_from_london » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 am

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
yasa wrote:

Dude, don’t confuse yourself and the home office. Keep things simple and clear. If you have ordered the statement now for only 4 Days, you could have ordered 4 months statement straight away!! It will take same amount of time to come to you.

From my personal experience, the HO Case Workers are as dumb as donkeys. I applied my wife’s visa with bank statements from two banks. Both had 10 times the required money and that too since past one year, however, I sent past six months statement. They refused the visa by saying the statement of one account is more than 30 days old, which was obviously my mistake that I sent old statement but the other bank statement was fine and within the timeframe. The donkey brained case worker never even bothered the check the other bank statement!! :evil:

So keep things simple and clear and don’t confuse them by providing multiple documents of same nature.
i have got statement from february that means 4 months i been mainting 800 pounds.From 6 february to 5 june.Shall i send it??(planning to send my passport on 19 june)

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:20 am

Good luck mate :!:

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:58 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
yasa wrote:

i have got statement from february that means 4 months i been mainting 800 pounds.From 6 february to 5 june.Shall i send it??(planning to send my passport on 19 june)
Yeah u can do it..
=======================
=======================

m_z

sorrryy to bother u guy's but urgent help needed please

Post by m_z » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:19 pm

hi there people,

i am applying my visa under PBS PSW DEPENDENT catagory and just wanted to askk u guys if ECO will accept the fax for the last seven days of the bank statement as i have my bank statments starting from 11th of march till the 4th of june but i have realised recently that it has to be till the 11th of june as i am going to submit my case on the 15th of june so this is why i want to put the fax of the last seven days please advice me on this one as soon as possible. it will be muh appreciated.
thankyou,
god bless...

PS: i am applying from pakistan...

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:23 am

i have got bank statements from 7th march----6th april , 7th april----6th may , 7th may----5th june. i asked bank people to send me another one from 6th june-----8th june which they did, so would that be okay if i provide them 4 statement between 7th march till 8 th june, coz these r 4 statements instead of 3.

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:07 pm

wait wrote:i have got bank statements from 7th march----6th april , 7th april----6th may , 7th may----5th june. i asked bank people to send me another one from 6th june-----8th june which they did, so would that be okay if i provide them 4 statement between 7th march till 8 th june, coz these r 4 statements instead of 3.
Home Office says you need three months bank statement. They didn't say 3 statements, so it does not matter the number of statements you will produce. The important thing is it covers three full months.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:50 pm

thx 4 reply