ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP ILR JR Document List

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

HSMP ILR JR Document List

Post by rajesh.kishore » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Please can someone list this under 3 categories

----- Necessarry Must Have. Without this the applications are likely to be rejected.

----- Sometimes required at discretion of caseworker.

------Sometimes it is asked by Caseworker, but maynot be required.

Example of actual cases would greatly help.

Sten

Re: HSMP ILR JR Document List

Post by Sten » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:32 pm

You could start contributing by analysing some of numerous "ILR success in .." posts on this forum, I am sure people will find this useful and will correct / add information as it goes ...
Good luck !

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh.kishore » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Sten wrote:You could start contributing by analysing some of numerous "ILR success in .." posts on this forum, I am sure people will find this useful and will correct / add information as it goes ...
Thanks for your advice. You seem too eager to discourage people asking questions.

Are you half baked immigration consultant too afraid that people can use these forums and not come to you?

Thanks for keeping away.

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:18 pm

rajesh.kishore wrote:Thanks for your advice. You seem too eager to discourage people asking questions.
I am eager to discourage selfish take-only behaviour on forums. This information is already available on this forum and discussed many times.

The fact that you are being lazy to search for it does not mean other people are obliged to spend their time to search and analyse it for you. Being a highly skilled migrant you are unable to use basic search functionality on this forum ?
Good luck !

MrBaboo

Post by MrBaboo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:35 pm

rajesh.kishore wrote:
Sten wrote:You could start contributing by analysing some of numerous "ILR success in .." posts on this forum, I am sure people will find this useful and will correct / add information as it goes ...
Thanks for your advice. You seem too eager to discourage people asking questions.

Are you half baked immigration consultant too afraid that people can use these forums and not come to you?

Thanks for keeping away.
That really wasn't called for and your accusations are way out of line. Especially so for a newbie.

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh.kishore » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:47 pm

MrBaboo, why do you think only experienced members, possibly immigration consultants, eligible to comment in rather sarcastic way?

I guess one purpose is that people, new ones, would use this forum because they do not want to use consultants. |Because a) each case is unique b) the catchment that the forum can address is larger than the knowledge of an individual.

Now coming back to Sten, this is the second of my thread he is trying to kill. I have specific question and I cannot see specific answer in the forum and hence I ask. If you read both threads that Sten tried to kill, I am asking people about their experience with the Casworker, because the Guidance and published material is inadequate. Now without understanding the context, Sten has commented which are in bad taste.

I have no intention to insult/ accuse Sten, but do request him to stay away unless he is sure you udnerstand the question as invalid.

PS: Experience is no excuse to hide bad argument.

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh.kishore » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 pm

Sten wrote:
rajesh.kishore wrote:Thanks for your advice. You seem too eager to discourage people asking questions.
I am eager to discourage selfish take-only behaviour on forums. This information is already available on this forum and discussed many times.

The fact that you are being lazy to search for it does not mean other people are obliged to spend their time to search and analyse it for you. Being a highly skilled migrant you are unable to use basic search functionality on this forum ?
I am ACTUALLY quite HSM, and thanks I am not lazy; but you seem to be becoming an expert a tad too soon. Are you one of those Consultants? Tell the truth.

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Don't be paranoid, I am not trying to kill your thread(s), but to help, as I think this is a good idea to have such information consolidated in one thread.
People generally skip such threads where it is obvious that the poster is going to sponge off others and it had no chance of survival anyway ...

You asked if there are "Example of actual cases", yes I confirmed that they exist and how to find them. What else do you expect, us to copy the contents of those threads here, or consolidate the information from there for you ? Why can't you do it yourself for starters ?

p.s. And not, I am not one of those bloody agents that you are afraid of ..
Good luck !

MrBaboo

Post by MrBaboo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 pm

rajesh.kishore wrote:MrBaboo, why do you think only experienced members, possibly immigration consultants, eligible to comment in rather sarcastic way?
I never said that. I didn't detect any sarcasm in Sten's reply. You did and now you seem 100% convinced of it. Perhaps you should re-read and consider there was no sarcasm, only that which you imagined. I don't know if you are a native speaker of English however I am and I do not detect any sarcasm at all.

Please just cool down.
rajesh.kishore wrote: I guess one purpose is that people, new ones, would use this forum because they do not want to use consultants. |Because a) each case is unique b) the catchment that the forum can address is larger than the knowledge of an individual.
Most people on this forum aren't consultants. In fact, many are more knowledgeable than quite a few consultants! There is not some grand conspiracy here to frustrate you and make you pay consultants. Merely people who time and time again see people who make little or no effort to try to find the answers to their own questions. I'm not saying you are that type of person, you may have really looked hard and not found the answers, but Sten is right - threads that seek to consolidate information but where the OP doesn't start it with their own research tend to die quickly. It's a matter of house keeping.
rajesh.kishore wrote: Now coming back to Sten, this is the second of my thread he is trying to kill. I have specific question and I cannot see specific answer in the forum and hence I ask. If you read both threads that Sten tried to kill, I am asking people about their experience with the Casworker, because the Guidance and published material is inadequate. Now without understanding the context, Sten has commented which are in bad taste.

I have no intention to insult/ accuse Sten, but do request him to stay away unless he is sure you udnerstand the question as invalid.

PS: Experience is no excuse to hide bad argument.
There are plenty of answers to this question all over this forum. I know because I've found a lot of them. Just do a search and you will find them.

I agree with Sten that having these in one place with degrees of necessity is a good thing and I fully support it. Sten is merely asking that you start the ball rolling with a bit of your own research and others will comment once you have. It's really not that much to ask. Many many others have already contributed answers to your question even before you asked it.

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh.kishore » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:35 pm

MrBaboo wrote:
There are plenty of answers to this question all over this forum. I know because I've found a lot of them. Just do a search and you will find them.
For example?

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:56 pm

There's a thread in the Tier 1/General forum (HSMP won JR) with over a hundred pages. Look at the last few pages.

There's also a thread by f2k or itsme (can't remember, sorry guys) about getting ILR in 3 years 11 months (that's the title of the thread, it's in this forum)... he applied under the JR. Lots of info there.

And if you're a paid member of the HSMP Forum that won this JR, loads and loads of advice/examples there.

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh.kishore » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:09 pm

bani wrote:There's a thread in the Tier 1/General forum (HSMP won JR) with over a hundred pages. Look at the last few pages.

There's also a thread by f2k or itsme (can't remember, sorry guys) about getting ILR in 3 years 11 months (that's the title of the thread, it's in this forum)... he applied under the JR. Lots of info there.

And if you're a paid member of the HSMP Forum that won this JR, loads and loads of advice/examples there.
Hi Bani, I have read most of the threads including where applicable the guide notes etc.

Most threads describe straight cases where the person had everything under the sun (except places where outside of UK was common problem); but this apart no other explanation. Otherwise we would have some generic speculations about what the caseworker might do. That is of no use.

One of the thing that seems clear is that there is no internal guidance note for HSMP ---ILR i,e. in UKBA site.

Also old cases, older than 2007 are not of much use as Homeoffice was a different place then.

I will give an example to illustrate. The following URL mentions that you need to be employed/self employed throughout 5 years in HSMP.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ettlement/

But what does that mean? We can speculate on either side. Because this URL also mentions that

"have been in the United Kingdom as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder or innovator throughout the five years" which clearly is nonsense in that it implies you never go outside of UK at all. Not even 90 days.

So what does "throughout" really mean? Also the form or the initial HSMP application never mentioned this.

Unless we know of some case where an applicant failed/ succeeded in contravention, we wont have a clue how to handle these cases, should a question be asked by UKBA.

Similar are the cases about other documents.

Your suggestion about joining HSMP forum is good and I am considering joining it.

bani

Post by bani » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Yes, most cases are straightforward cases. And you will get what you asked for in your original post from those (list of documents).

If you have an unusual case/specific problem or worry, normally you create your own thread and ask for advise. It would be a waste of energy for someone else to speculate "maybe you need this document or this information just in case" without knowing what your situation is.

As for the settlement guidance notes, just use the pre April 2006 HSMP guidance notes, not the link you mentioned which covers post April 2006 HSMP (that's why it says 5 years).

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh.kishore » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 pm

bani wrote:Yes, most cases are straightforward cases. And you will get what you asked for in your original post from those (list of documents).

If you have an unusual case/specific problem or worry, normally you create your own thread and ask for advise. It would be a waste of energy for someone else to speculate "maybe you need this document or this information just in case" without knowing what your situation is.

As for the settlement guidance notes, just use the pre April 2006 HSMP guidance notes, not the link you mentioned which covers post April 2006 HSMP (that's why it says 5 years).
The unusual or specific issues are generally related to Documents.

So, eg. we can have people without 4/5 P60s - but maybe with 3/4 or 2/3 who had applied at HO.

And then Passed/ Failed. The catch is many people who were unsuccessful will not report.

But this gives actual case of what happened as a case decision and is not really speculative.

Since this is the forum with largest participants, one can hope for the best response.