ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal won - finding new job

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

priya_bhosale

Appeal won - finding new job

Post by priya_bhosale » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 am

Hello,

My hsmp to tier 1 extension was refused but i appealed and i am glad to say that the appeal has been allowed. Thank you everyone on the forum who directly/indirectly helped me during the long and hard process!

Its been 2 weeks since i have received the decision of appeal and i am waiting for HO to get in touch with me. But there has been a new problem. My current job contract is ending at the end of this month and i need to apply for a new job. The problem is that i still havent got the visa. My understanding is that it takes anything between 10-12 weeks after the appeal decision for the visa to arrive. That means the time that will have to pass after my contract ends and the time i get the visa would be at least 6 weeks!

Does that mean i cant look for another job for 6 weeks after my contract ends? It would be really hard for me to do that and i would be extremely streched financially. Is there anyway to get round the situation or any way to expedite the process of getting the visa?

Please advise.

Thank you.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:17 am

In my opinion, you can serch for work as your visa is already approved and you are just waiting for stamping. I would treat your situation similar to those who have applied for visa extension and awaiting stamped passport from HO.

vinovinom
Newly Registered

Appeal

Post by vinovinom » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:07 am

Hi

Good to hear that your appeal has been allowed. I am at present in a similar situation as my extension was rejected under prev earnings and I got the appeal hearing on JUN 26. I would like to know on what basis your appeal was heard and how did all go as I am out of job at present and very much in a delicate situation to get the visa.

Your reply is much appreciated.

Thanks
Vinom

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:23 am

chetanojha wrote:In my opinion, you can serch for work as your visa is already approved and you are just waiting for stamping. I would treat your situation similar to those who have applied for visa extension and awaiting stamped passport from HO.
Thank you. Although i think any employer would reasonably ask for a visa. Its straight forward if one is already employed and just needs to continue in the same employment. But while applying for a new job i think most employers would not consider offering a job if there is no visa that they can see.

Any suggestions?

Vinovinom: I have sent you pm answering your question as i would like to keep this thread focussed on my querry. You can pm me if you need anymore help or advice. Good luck

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:43 am

You can always use the letter or verdict of your appeal to prove that you have won your appeal and awaiting home office to stamp your passport. But due to high volume of application, it is taking some time.
priya_bhosale wrote: Thank you. Although i think any employer would reasonably ask for a visa. Its straight forward if one is already employed and just needs to continue in the same employment. But while applying for a new job i think most employers would not consider offering a job if there is no visa that they can see.

Any suggestions?

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 pm

chetanojha wrote:You can always use the letter or verdict of your appeal to prove that you have won your appeal and awaiting home office to stamp your passport. But due to high volume of application, it is taking some time.
priya_bhosale wrote: Thank you. Although i think any employer would reasonably ask for a visa. Its straight forward if one is already employed and just needs to continue in the same employment. But while applying for a new job i think most employers would not consider offering a job if there is no visa that they can see.

Any suggestions?
Thanks. Yes i think thats the best thing to do. I am also thinking of a letter from my solicitor explaining the situation in more detail. Apart from that i cant think of anything else that one can do.

Does anyone know the number to call to get the update from HO after an appeal has been won? Also an email addres would be helpful.

Thank you

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:40 pm

Friends

what was time line for appeal submission, date and decision

very helpful info for those want to go for appeal

jahangir

Post by jahangir » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:48 am

Hi Priya

It would be nice if you could give some details of why your case was refused and how your appeal was successful.

If you want this post to exclusively deal with your matter, can you make another post.

Let us help and get help.

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:47 pm

jahangir wrote:Hi Priya

It would be nice if you could give some details of why your case was refused and how your appeal was successful.

If you want this post to exclusively deal with your matter, can you make another post.

Let us help and get help.
Yes i was going to and i will do it now

jahangir

Post by jahangir » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi Priya

1. First thanks for the new post regarding your appeal experience.

2. My advice to you is to write a letter and email to the Treasury Solicitor
(the Solicitor for the Home Office). You can get their details from
their correspondence to your solicitors. Tell the Treasury Solicitors
about your situation (in fact exaggerate it a bit) and get them to
(a) write you a letter confirming that you are allowed to work
consequent to the decision; and/or (b) Ask them to get the
Home Office to expedite your matter.

And don't wait for the Home Office to get in touch with you. Get in touch with them instead.

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine. It is a long drawn out story; so I won't go into the details of my friend's story. But remember, while the HO is run by bureaucrats who might be a bit better than those in India or Pak, they are chps of the same bloc. But Treasury Solicitors are normally much more helpful, efficient and sensitive.

Good luck

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:45 pm

jahangir wrote:Hi Priya

1. First thanks for the new post regarding your appeal experience.

2. My advice to you is to write a letter and email to the Treasury Solicitor
(the Solicitor for the Home Office). You can get their details from
their correspondence to your solicitors. Tell the Treasury Solicitors
about your situation (in fact exaggerate it a bit) and get them to
(a) write you a letter confirming that you are allowed to work
consequent to the decision; and/or (b) Ask them to get the
Home Office to expedite your matter.

And don't wait for the Home Office to get in touch with you. Get in touch with them instead.

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine. It is a long drawn out story; so I won't go into the details of my friend's story. But remember, while the HO is run by bureaucrats who might be a bit better than those in India or Pak, they are chps of the same bloc. But Treasury Solicitors are normally much more helpful, efficient and sensitive.

Good luck
Thank you very much. Thats very helpful. I will get in touch with my solicitor and get the contact details for the treasury solicitor. In addition to that i also wish to get in touch with HO. Do you have any idea about the phone number and/or email address for the HO which could be used to chase things up after appeal? Or is it the same 0870 606 7766 number which most people dread dialling??? :?

jahangir

Post by jahangir » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:27 pm

I think the phone number is useless and so is their email.
Your best bet is fax. (I can't recollect the fax No. right now). Get the fax No and call for taking postal address.

Then write a letter to them. Fax it. Send a hard copy as well.
Say the following points (elaborate):
(1) you have been calling their number for help for the last many days, no helpful response.
(2) Explain how difficult it is to get work after losing the present one, especially in this recession. Even one day is so costly. And it is all
for no fault of yours.
(3) Request them for urgent response.

Then send a copy of that letter to the Treasury Solicitors. In your covering letter to the Treasury Solicitors, say the following:
(1) How difficult the last few months have been to you because of the
problem in which you didn't have any fault. How much money you
have had to spent because of the problem.
(2) How much you are still being affected.
(3) Your lengthy phone calls to the HO have yielded no fruit so far.

Ask him two specific requests under the heading "Request".

(A) Please expedite the matter as any delay by the HO can
seriously affect your career. Seek his personal and compassionate
indulgence in the matter.
(B) Get him to write to you to confirm that you can work pending
stamp by the HO.

Two or three days after the letter, email the TS. Another few days after that call them if no response.

Good luck

jahangir

Post by jahangir » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 pm

By the way, did the HO keep your passport with them, or was it returned to you.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 am

HO should have returned the passport with rejection.
jahangir wrote:By the way, did the HO keep your passport with them, or was it returned to you.

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:13 pm

jahangir wrote:I think the phone number is useless and so is their email.
Your best bet is fax. (I can't recollect the fax No. right now). Get the fax No and call for taking postal address.

Then write a letter to them. Fax it. Send a hard copy as well.
Say the following points (elaborate):
(1) you have been calling their number for help for the last many days, no helpful response.
(2) Explain how difficult it is to get work after losing the present one, especially in this recession. Even one day is so costly. And it is all
for no fault of yours.
(3) Request them for urgent response.

Then send a copy of that letter to the Treasury Solicitors. In your covering letter to the Treasury Solicitors, say the following:
(1) How difficult the last few months have been to you because of the
problem in which you didn't have any fault. How much money you
have had to spent because of the problem.
(2) How much you are still being affected.
(3) Your lengthy phone calls to the HO have yielded no fruit so far.

Ask him two specific requests under the heading "Request".

(A) Please expedite the matter as any delay by the HO can
seriously affect your career. Seek his personal and compassionate
indulgence in the matter.
(B) Get him to write to you to confirm that you can work pending
stamp by the HO.

Two or three days after the letter, email the TS. Another few days after that call them if no response.

Good luck
Thank you very much. I will do all of that and hopefully will get this sorted soon. In the meantime it would be great if you can please provide the fax number for HO.

And yes HO did send the passport back to me

jahangir

Post by jahangir » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi Priya

You need to go through the guidance notes for the fax No. I would find it for you, but right now I have a deadline for something for Monday.