ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependents indefinte leave. please suggest

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Post by nadnan09 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi, My children and partner were abroad and hence I could not apply for idefintie leave with my application. I obtained indefinte leave in sept 08 and now would like apply for my children and wife. they all have visas till 2011 and have been my depdent since 2003. which is the right form to use??? I feel I should use set F but please advise me.

Jhon, please suggest and I would like to thank you and all for immense help

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:48 pm

Under which category did you qualify for ILR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Post by nadnan09 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:45 am

Thanks Vinny,

I was on work permit and got ILR after 5 years.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:39 am

If your wife has satisfied the KOL requirements, then it may be possible for them to apply on one SET(O) form (196E & 198). I'm not sure. Check with the UKBA on the correct form(s).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Post by nadnan09 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:33 pm

thank you

does my that mean my wife needs to complete the 5 term as well before qualifying for ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:49 pm

No, I don't think that they have to, as you have already done so.

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Post by nadnan09 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi Vinni,

HO have advised me to use Set O to obtain ILR for my dependents. In the section 1 of form, applicants details are required. Do I need to give my details in this section as I already have ILR. Ofcourse I am going to be present at PEO with all paperwork with my dependents.

Section 2 of SET O requires to give dependents details. Should my wife and children give details here in this section 2 OR should she ignore the section 1 and start completing the form starting from section2.

Vinni please suggest...

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:50 am

As you are not applying, I believe that your wife will be the main applicant and your children her dependants.

Under other purposes or reasons category, I suggest that she writes "under immigration rules paragraphs 196E & 198".

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Post by nadnan09 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Vinni,

Thanks a million which makes complete sense to me.

Now, I am stunned that HO has advised me to make separate application for each applicant i.e wife and chilren and pay separate fees. this is ridiculous.

I have gone back to them and referred to their earlier advice given to me i.e to use one form SET O. I am fed up as each time they continue to confuse us more.

Please suggest any thoughts as i am very disappointed.We have appointment at PEO soon

kind regards

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Post by nadnan09 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Vinni,

I have pasted the relevant extract for your info.

"Your wife and children should have been included in your application for indefinite stay.
Now your wife and children are required to apply separately as the main applicants and pay separate fee of £820 each by post
and £50 each as impact fund."

I cannot understand this email at all as earlier they advised to use one form i.e. SET O.

Kind regards

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Post by nadnan09 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Vinni,

Any thoughts so far.

regards

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Post by nadnan09 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Vinni, Jhon and any one suggest please....

Shall they proceed with one form SET O and take the risk as there is no harm. may be they will ask each dependent to fill in separate form SET O

Also the fee of £2500 for my spuse and 2 childern is phenomenal. Can't believe why I did not apply at the same time as mine...

PLease please come with some thoughts as we will be going to PEO.

thanks

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Post by nadnan09 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Hey Vinni,

I understand it was a bit complicted for you to reply... I have spoken to a very senior person in home office who advised me to make one application for my wife and dependents and pay one fee...which £1020+50+50 and not £2500...

So you were correct at the beginning.... Any tips from you or from other friends would be handy as we are appearing for appointment.
regards

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:01 am

Hi, was your application successful? I called up HO and was told that they have limited weekend appointments for single ILR applicants only and was wondering if I could apply for ILR for myself (HSMP) then apply for dependents later on.
'In everything give thanks'

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:40 pm

OFCHARITY wrote:Hi, was your application successful? I called up HO and was told that they have limited weekend appointments for single ILR applicants only and was wondering if I could apply for ILR for myself (HSMP) then apply for dependents later on.
that maybe a more complicated and possibly more expensive route to follow. if you are desperate then you might as well use the 'agents / solicitors',

vj
Newly Registered

NEED INFO ON ILR

Post by vj » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:18 am

HI GUYS,

I AM DUE TO APPLY TO ILR HOWEVER, GOT SOME QUERIES IF SOMEONE CAN ANSWER

1. IS THERE IS ANY MINIMUM SALARY CRITERIA FOR HSMP VISA HOLDERS.
2. I SALARY ACCOUNT GOES OVERDRAFT EVERY MONTH FOR MORE THAN A YEAR BUT IT IS GETTING BALANCED WITH SALARY EVERY MONTH. DOES IT MATTER?
3. I HAVE GOT 3 FIXED PANELTY POINTS ON LICENSE (SP-30)

DESPERATE FOR ANSWERS

:roll:

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi VJ

Your questions are a bit off topic here but.
1. There is no minimum salary for ILR based on HSMP, you need to prove that you have been economically active throughout your stay (P45s, employer letters, payslips bank statements will do as evidence)
2. it shouldn't matter that your account goes into overdraft sometimes, however you must show that you have enough funds to support yourself and any dependants, do you have a savings account which you could also show?
3. Fixed penalty points should not have an adverse effect on your application, you must declare fines issued in court.
'In everything give thanks'