ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application and Child Benefit Claim

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bego
Newly Registered

EEA2 application and Child Benefit Claim

Post by Bego » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:21 pm

Hello,

I´m a EEA National but I don´t work (my husband who is a Non EEA National works and he is going to start his EEA2 process). Can someone clarify me if I can claim in the meanwhile for Children Benefit with no problem for his EEA2 process?. Because I will be a self sufficient person in the form... would this claim be considerer an unreasonable burden on public funds????

Here is what the UK Border Agency says:

"EEA and Swiss nationals have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom. This is called the right of residence. You will only have the right of residence in the United Kingdom if:

you are an EEA or Swiss national; and
you are working in the United Kingdom; or
you are able to support yourself and your family in the United Kingdom without becoming [size=18][b]an unreasonable burden on public funds[/b][/size]
[size=24][/size][size=18][/size]