ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application posted today

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GeoUK

EEA2 Application posted today

Post by GeoUK » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi Guys,
I have posted today my wife's EEA2 application. Anyone knows how long is it taking to get the HO decision?
How long does it take for the acknowledgement letter?
I have sent my original passport (italian) and my wife's original passport (brazlian). Is it Right?

Is it true that we won't be alowed to go aborad before HO's decision?

Thanks

Geo

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Processing time is about 6 to 8 months, it depends on case to case. HO says its speeding up EEA2 process from this June.
You may receive your COA within 2 to 4 weeks.

Obviously you both can’t travel without passports, at least in EU you can (Italian) with your National Id card.
Nobody stop you travelling, you can always demand to return your passports

How to ask HO to return your passport:

If your expected date of travel is more than 10 days in the future, you must email your request toLiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk.
This is a dedicated email address that has been set up specially for non-urgent returns of passports.

All the best…

GeoUK

Can I travel?

Post by GeoUK » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:19 pm

If I ask for our passports back, will it stop our application? Will they allow us to go abroad normally?

Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Can I travel?

Post by Rozen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:27 pm

GeoUK wrote:If I ask for our passports back, will it stop our application? Will they allow us to go abroad normally?

Thanks
No, won't stop your application.
You, as an Italian are free to come and go as you like, but you partner may need to apply for a Family Permit from the BHC in the country where you've gone. Non visa nationals are 'usually' ok to come back in while their EEA2 is pending, especially if they have the COA (Certificate of Application) and can prove their link to the EU national.
Your passports will be requested back by UKBA when they are about to make a decision on the application.
Better for your wife not to travel before the RC is issued, unless she really has to!

GeoUK

Post by GeoUK » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:43 pm

Rozen wrote:
GeoUK wrote:If I ask for our passports back, will it stop our application? Will they allow us to go abroad normally?

Thanks
You, as an Italian are free to come and go as you like, but you partner may need to apply for a Family Permit from the BHC in the country where you've gone. Non visa nationals are 'usually' ok to come back in while their EEA2 is pending, especially if they have the COA (Certificate of Application) and can prove their link to the EU national.
Your passports will be requested back by UKBA when they are about to make a decision on the application.
Better for your wife not to travel before the RC is issued, unless she really has to!
Thanks,
I have another question:

I want to bring my mother to come and live with me from Brazil. She lives on her own and I'm supporting her financialy. She has only a Brazilian nationality.
I've checked on UKBA website and it seems like she is liable for a settlement visa. I just have to prove that I support her financialy (which I do) and she has no other close relatives that can help her.
My question is: Can I apply for my mother's settlement visa in Brazil, while I'm still waiting for my wife's RC decision here in the UK?

Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:54 pm

GeoUK wrote:
Rozen wrote:

Thanks
Thanks,
I have another question:

I want to bring my mother to come and live with me from Brazil. She lives on her own and I'm supporting her financialy. She has only a Brazilian nationality.
I've checked on UKBA website and it seems like she is liable for a settlement visa. I just have to prove that I support her financialy (which I do) and she has no other close relatives that can help her.
My question is: Can I apply for my mother's settlement visa in Brazil, while I'm still waiting for my wife's RC decision here in the UK?

Thanks
Fink I'll leave this one to my good friend, Wanderer! :wink:

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:42 pm

GeoUK wrote:
Rozen wrote:

Thanks
Thanks,
I have another question:

Thanks

Yes,your mother can apply for an EEA family permit to come to the UK from Brazil as a member of your family.
dependent direct relatives in the ascending line eg. parents and grandparents of the EEA national or their spouse/civil partner.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/eunati ... t#14762322
Knowledge is Power

GeoUK

Help

Post by GeoUK » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:16 am

Help guys,,,