ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion b/w 2 options ( maintenance funds)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mhkhan

Confusion b/w 2 options ( maintenance funds)

Post by mhkhan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Guys need your help again.

I need to decide between which is the best option to apply for my maintenance funds.

option 1:

An official bank [b]letter[/b] explaining the funds ( current acount) have been maintained for the last 3 months. Enough funds for the family. Letter signed and stamped. It fulfills all conditions stated in the Guidelines.

I cannot show the statement as this particular bank doesnt stamp its statements .

Doubt: It is a joint account between me , my wife and sister- in-law. so three names on the account. But I know that is acceptable as per the Guidelines but still am not sure if it makes it more complicated.

Option 2:
bank statement of Savings account from another bank with exactly 3 months history. Its a Joint account with my wife. Funds enough to show for me only.

Doubt: Statement which is stamped and is on the letterhead is of a sloppy format and despite collected from the branch looks more like an electronic ledger statement thus doesnt look convincing. I can get the account confirmation letter though.

My personal preference is Option 1 ( bank letter) as that has all the conditions stated in the guidelines.

Appreciate help in making me decide.

Many thanks,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:15 pm

It would recommend Option 1. Letter from bank will corroborate original bank statement (not stamped). This should be fine.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Joint account with sister in law - I would avoid that kind of proof. If that is the only option, however, provide some evidence that the funds are available to you anytime you want.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer