ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Tier 1(General)-FLR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pelsdanny
Newly Registered

Post by Pelsdanny » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:53 pm

:( i submitted my application for flr in May 2009, i scored all the points required according to my own assessment.

I was surprised when my application was refused on the ground that i did not score the 10points for maintenance but scored all other points.
In the last 3 months of the 12months bank statements submitted,i was told that for some days in the month of Feb my balance droped below the required fund and i am expected to maintain a daily balance of the required fund and not monthly balance as shown on my statements.

Can someone please advice and explain what the Maintenance says about funds covering three months period before the date of application.
I was given the option to re-apply again but no appeal.

Pelsdanny
Newly Registered

Post by Pelsdanny » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:55 pm

:( i submitted my application for flr in May 2009, i scored all the points required according to my own assessment.

I was surprised when my application was refused on the ground that i did not score the 10points for maintenance but scored all other points.
In the last 3 months of the 12months bank statements submitted,i was told that for some days in the month of Feb my balance droped below the required fund and i am expected to maintain a daily balance of the required fund and not monthly balance as shown on my statements.

Can someone please advice and explain what the Maintenance says about funds covering three months period before the date of application.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance Tier 1(General)-FLR

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Sorry for your rejection.
Requirement for Maintenance Fund is that you have to maintain required amount of fund over a period of 90 days. You funds should not go below the required amount anytime/any day of these 90 days even by £1.
I think since you might be having valid leave to stay in UK you are not given right to appeal.

You can re-apply making sure your bank balance doesn't go below the required amount for the past 90 days. You can use combined sum from two or more accounts to prove the same.
Pelsdanny wrote::( i submitted my application for flr in May 2009, i scored all the points required according to my own assessment.

Pelsdanny
Newly Registered

Post by Pelsdanny » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:43 pm

thanks for the response.

......this is really tricky and its unfortunate that this is not clearly stated in the Policy guidance. Even a banker friend could not believe it but eh what can one do?

they purposely left it at ......covering the 3 consecutive months instead of ................. :(

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Pelsdanny wrote:thanks for the response.

......this is really tricky and its unfortunate that this is not clearly stated in the Policy guidance. Even a banker friend could not believe it but eh what can one do?

they purposely left it at ......covering the 3 consecutive months instead of ................. :(
It is stated clearly in the guidance note. Looks like you did not read it properly (nor did your banker friend). See page 35 of the Guidance note and subsequent sections- the requirement is clearly mentioned at a number of places:
•Applicants in the United Kingdom seeking further leave to remain must have at least £800 of personal savings which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Pelsdanny
Newly Registered

Acknowledgement letter

Post by Pelsdanny » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Does anyone know the basis for receiving the acknowledgement letter. i ask because my initial understanding was that they sent the letter on receipt of your payment. However, the payment was taken from my account two weeks ago and i am yet to receive an acknowledgement letter.

i have called several times and been told that it can take two - four weeks. i need this document for my workplace and can't seem to get anything from the customer service.

Can someone please advice

thanks