ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DECISION NOT MADE ON SAME DAY -- RECENT INCEDENTS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psdesai
BANNED

DECISION NOT MADE ON SAME DAY -- RECENT INCEDENTS

Post by psdesai » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi all,

I have heard from an agent (through my friend) that for In Person applications ; decision not made on same day is on the rise. Not sure whats is the exact reason but I would think that this could be related to discourage people from applying in person (as too many people are trying for appointments)

Any one have similar experience and their application's decision have not been made same day.. please state the reason why

thanks

push
United Kingdom

Re: DECISION NOT MADE ON SAME DAY -- RECENT INCEDENTS

Post by push » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:43 pm

psdesai wrote:Hi all,

I have heard from an agent (through my friend) that for In Person applications ; decision not made on same day is on the rise. Not sure whats is the exact reason but I would think that this could be related to discourage people from applying in person (as too many people are trying for appointments)

Any one have similar experience and their application's decision have not been made same day.. please state the reason why

thanks
If at all true, I think it has to do with wrong perception people carry re in person application. In person application is meant for those applicant who have the most straight forward cases. Based on discussion on this thread I have seen, many ppl seem to believe that it is useful to go for in person application when the case is complicated as they might get a chance to explain their circumstances to the case worker directly (which is a wrong assumption). More complicated cases means- more scrutiny, more checks and delay in decision making. Plausible explanation??
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: DECISION NOT MADE ON SAME DAY -- RECENT INCEDENTS

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:11 pm

Hi push_hsmp,

I will tend to agree with your explanation. It is only whn the case is simple and straight-forward that one should apply by using the Premium Service. Moreover, it is useful when there is an urgent need for extension that can't wait for postal applications.

There are people who apply in-person months in advance. All this info is analyzed by the HO who then tend to regulate the behaviour by moderating the applications accordingly.
push_hsmp wrote:
psdesai wrote:Hi all,

thanks
If at all true, I think it has to do with wrong perception people carry re in person application. In person application is meant for those applicant who have the most straight forward cases. Based on discussion on this thread I have seen, many ppl seem to believe that it is useful to go for in person application when the case is complicated as they might get a chance to explain their circumstances to the case worker directly (which is a wrong assumption). More complicated cases means- more scrutiny, more checks and delay in decision making. Plausible explanation??
Regards,
crowbar6