ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK WorkPermit Holder - Immrigraton to Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niteck07
Newly Registered

Post by niteck07 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:41 pm

Hi ,

Am an Indian citizen having a UK work permit and been working in london
for more than a year now.

I guess am eligible to file for canada immigration from england
provided i score the required 67 points under skill worker category

20 points for your education
10 points for your age
16 points for English/French language ability
21 points for your work experience
0 points for arranged employment
0 points for adaptability
67 total points

Would be obliged if someone can ans following queries

1. Can I apply from UK now and later change the correspondence address
to my home country's address in case I move back to India ?

2. How much time it usually takes in this whole process if I file
application from UK ?

Thanks and Regards
Nitin

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:10 pm

1. Yes you can change address. However under the new Immigration Act files are not transferable so your case will continue to be processed by London. If an interview is required you must be able to travel to London. The Immigration section of the Canadian High Commission will not be involved in any British related visa applications to enter the UK for interview if required. This will be a matter between you and UK Visas.

2. 21 to 41 months and rising. Rumours that points will be revised upwards to 75-80 range after the election which was anticipated by Nov 2005...looks like it may be 1st quarter 2006. What is your score? Have you done IELTS?

niteck07
Newly Registered

Post by niteck07 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:28 pm

Thanks a lot for responding
my score is 67 as follows

20 points for your education
10 points for your age
16 points for English/French language ability
21 points for your work experience
0 points for arranged employment
0 points for adaptability
67 total points

Would you recommend to score more than 67 which is just the verge of pass limit.

Have Not taken IELTS yet ?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:03 am

Under IRPA (new immigration act) you must meet the pass mark not only on submission date but on the day your application is processed and also the day the visa is issued i.e. there is no lock in of marks as per the old Immigration Act.

IMHO applying with 67 marks is somewhat risky given that the mark must rise in the near future - the increase in backlogs indicate that way too many applicants are eligible for the current passmark. In any case you assume you get 16 points for language. The only objective way of such is to submit IELTS with a score of 7 or higher in each banding. Get the IELTS done now. Have you got your other docs - reference letters, orignal degree certificates and transcripts, police clearance etc?

What is your profession? Fluency in both English & French and/or obtaining a job offer with HRSDC approval maximises your score. I am aware that many people submit an incomplete application then hope to build up their file during the stated timeline. Again risky business - the visa officer can reject incomplete file (the act actually states they should) at submission receipt or paper screening stage. You lose fees and have to resubmit everything again.

I hope that helps.