ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Postal ILR - Timelines

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drasif
Newly Registered

ILR SUCCESS POST 20TH MAY

Post by drasif » Sat May 30, 2009 3:08 am

I just have received my ILR stamped on 22nd May.
Date application posted 10th Jan 2009.
Date received acknowledgement 14th Jan 2009.So exactly 20 week after submission was succesful.Best thing is the Letter giving the retrospective approval of ILR from 5th jan 2008.My category Was WP 1 YEAR + HSMP 1 YEAR + 3 YEAR EXTENSION HSMP.
Now getting preparation for naturalization application.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat May 30, 2009 7:32 am

Congrats on your ILR. Could you please share documentation you have sent along with your application ?

drasif
Newly Registered

Post by drasif » Sat May 30, 2009 5:24 pm

Submitted last 3 month payslip letter from employer,the letter of approval of HSMP as well as first work permit.Bank statement of last 12 months,Life in Uk test ,Marriage Certificate ,Birth certificate of my daughters.Payslips I added were last 12 months actually.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat May 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Thanks for your reply. Is it correct to say that you have sumbitted full set evidence for the period last 12 months that is from your last extension ?

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:52 am

drasif wrote:Marriage Certificate
Just wonder if this is compulsory? I got married abroad, but in the list of required documents it was not required so I did not send it.

20 weeks....its quite some time, but you got it at the end...congrats!

j9225
Newly Registered

Post by j9225 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:40 am

Hi All

HSMP (4 years) + Tier 1 (1 year).

Postal ILR:

Letter acknowledging receipt of application 4 March 09.

Letter of for ILR acceptance - dated 29 May 09, along with JR letter for fast forward to naturalisation.

Received stamped pport and documents back 02 June 09. :D
Last edited by j9225 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrBaboo

Post by MrBaboo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:57 am

j9225 wrote:Hi All

Postal ILR:

Letter of for ILR acceptance - dated 29 May 09, along with JR letter for fast forward to naturalisation.

Received stamped pport and documents back 02 April 09. :D
Congratulations! How did you get your documents back in April but your letter dated end of May?

j9225
Newly Registered

Post by j9225 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:13 am

oops sorry typo got my documents back 02 June 09!

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:35 pm

j9225 wrote:Hi All

Postal ILR:

This is really close to my date - 16th March (the letter acknowledging receipt of documents and application) so lets hope I am gonna get my passport back soon.

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Anyone knows what's the point having a call centre?
They say they cannot give any info before 13 weeks since postage.

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:28 pm

j9225 wrote: Letter acknowledging receipt of application 4 March 09.

Congrats mate, well done!

imranlatif777
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O)

Post by imranlatif777 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:18 pm

alexsh1 wrote:
j9225 wrote: Letter acknowledging receipt of application 4 March 09.

Congrats mate, well done!

I am on HSMP (4 years) - Teir 1 (1 year).

Letter acknowledging the recipt of application 12 March 09.
today i called them and lady said to me the application is awaiting to be assigned to the case worker. option given to withdraw application even after 3 months if i need my documents back.

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:02 am

Ok guys a very good news for me.
I have now my passport back
ILR dated 10/06/2009

I got it within 3 months minus 1 week.

Good luck to those of you who are applying/awaiting for a decision now.

alexsh1

Re: ILR SET(O)

Post by alexsh1 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:17 am

imranlatif777 wrote:
I am on HSMP (4 years) - Teir 1 (1 year).

Letter acknowledging the recipt of application 12 March 09.
today i called them and lady said to me the application is awaiting to be assigned to the case worker. option given to withdraw application even after 3 months if i need my documents back.
Imran,

I suggest waiting for a while. 3 months are already under your belt so...
I really cannot believe how slow the HO is nowadays. We are not asylum seekers, we work in this country and pay taxes and what kind of treatment we have at the end?

mallikz

ILR postal application

Post by mallikz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:28 am

Hi

Can some one please tell me how many days before we can apply for ILR as postal application.

Came into this cuntry on 31 Oct 04. WP+ HSMP Tier1, when can I apply for ILR by post??

When can I apply in person?

thanks

bsbs

Re: ILR postal application

Post by bsbs » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:21 pm

mallikz wrote:Hi

Can some one please tell me how many days before we can apply for ILR as postal application.

Came into this cuntry on 31 Oct 04. WP+ HSMP Tier1, when can I apply for ILR by post??

When can I apply in person?

thanks
You can apply on 1st-2nd week of October.

main
Newly Registered

Post by main » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:02 pm

hello there,

i applied for ILR under the tier 2 categor in march, its been 16 weeks now, i am still waiting, are there others here waiting this long?

surya4uk
BANNED

Post by surya4uk » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:52 pm

i applied for ILR via SET(O) application.
1 year student visa
3.5 years Workpermit
1.5 years HSMP (general)
applied on 11th March 2009 via appointment at croydon
systems probblems so collected application
17th march received a letter for extra documents (all P60's from 2003)
sent on 28th march 2009...
Still waiting ????
no communication since .... waiting under considaration

main
Newly Registered

Post by main » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:51 pm

thanks surya4uk, its terrible waiting this long, and u paid a premium service too! as for me the only option available was postal for tier 2 at the time, would have gone to peo otherwise!

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Sorry to hear about it guys, I have been waiting for 3 months myself.
One source from the Home Office gave me a tip recently that unofficially the HO was told to slow down on all applications. Particularly on the ILT/BC.
Hence such a protracted delay.

main
Newly Registered

Post by main » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:34 pm

thanks alexsh1..r not still waiting, you've got yours right? ..congrats...i believe i applied the around the same time as you and its been 19 weeks now...they say its not done yet ( obviously even i can conclude that) and will not be able to give me any information..any ideas ..will complaining work..or requesting an urgent process... i need to travel but its not urgent.

yous source ..could you ask them if when they say 'its under consideration' what does that mean..is it been alloted a casewroker and if so how long will it take?

thanks..

surya4uk
BANNED

Post by surya4uk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:21 pm

main wrote:thanks alexsh1..r not still waiting, you've got yours right? ..congrats...i believe i applied the around the same time as you and its been 19 weeks now...they say its not done yet ( obviously even i can conclude that) and will not be able to give me any information..any ideas ..will complaining work..or requesting an urgent process... i need to travel but its not urgent.

yous source ..could you ask them if when they say 'its under consideration' what does that mean..is it been alloted a casewroker and if so how long will it take?

thanks..
Yes, you are right... when ever i called to HO, they are saying that "Your application not completed yet, HO will contact you due course"...some times they are saying that "You application is under consideration" we will come back to you....
I fed up with these answers and i personally went to Corydon PEO on 27th July 2009.

One of the adviser checked my file and advised that “my application was sent to ILR postal dealing department (because of case extended) and that department received all necessary paper work to process my application around May. But home office had a HSMP holders applications put under freeze for 1 month because of HSMP Forum Limited court case. So HO has been changing some policies in that time,,,... now all policies are in placed so they have started pending applications. Your case has been submitted to case worker inbox. Since this is dealing POSTAL ILR department we can't give you time frame for processing your application. Sorry we can't help you...

this is the advised given....

I don't know what to do now....

I don’t know how long I need to wait….

I have asked them what do to? Then they have been advised to send complaint. But I have sent nearly 4 complaints about the process delay, but still I haven’t received single acknowledgement for those complaints…

Waste of time…..with HO.

those are simply idoits....

main
Newly Registered

Post by main » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:00 pm

surya4uk, i spoke to the consultant who did my document check yesterday, he said 19 weeks is not too long and no grounds for complaining according to new policy.......if u look at the HO website they say you cant complain about waitingb times...
the consultant said they have a huge backlog and he suggested i wait for 2 more weeks.....so i am thinking of waiting for a week more and then either request an urgent process or contact my MP

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:53 pm

Our average time is 3 weeks.

I have noted that if it takes more then 2 months, the Home Office is probably deeply investigating the case and may be even contacting overseas posts. I have seen 2 of these cases when people applied and did not declare certain things, and were refused for employing deception.

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:39 am

main wrote:thanks alexsh1..r not still waiting, you've got yours right? ..congrats...i believe i applied the around the same time as you and its been 19 weeks now...they say its not done yet ( obviously even i can conclude that) and will not be able to give me any information..any ideas ..will complaining work..or requesting an urgent process... i need to travel but its not urgent.

thanks..
Waiting time now is up to 6 months. Unfortunately, not much can be done.
Urgent treatment does not work unless a member of your family died or you require an urgent hospital treatment abroad. You need a strong evidence to support that!!!

"its under consideration" means there is a case worker working on your case and checking all the details. The problem is that I may take weeks as the HO is very concerned about fraud and false documents. Additionally, there is a huge pressure from political leaders to put breaks on the immigration. Have you guys heard the latest news? Point based immigrants may be asked to go home in order to get the British Nationality quicker! :( what a nonsence. UK is not only for British