ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment for ILR - Croydon vs other PEO centres

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Payment for ILR - Croydon vs other PEO centres

Post by global gypsy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:55 am

It seems payment has to be made right at the beginning at PEO Croydon, then you have the appointment with the case worker.
While in other centres, first they assess your case, then you make your payment. See for example:
http://www.workingintheuk.org.uk/2009/0 ... ss_11.html

Is this right? Does this mean you could lose money if your case is rejected for some reason in Croydon, while you don't run this risk at other centres?

Would appreciate clarification on this point please. Thanks.

newperson

Post by newperson » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:14 am

I went to the PEO Birmingham last Friday. The set-up there is like this.

1) Check in with security. Wait in the sitting area.

2) Get called up by the first caseworker in a booth near the sitting area. S/he does a cursory check of your application. If it is valid (i.e., correct application, you have photos less than a month old, etc.), she gives you a queue number. Wait some more.

3) When your number gets called, you go and see your actual caseworker in a room around the corner. There are six booths in there, five functioning as interview areas and one as a cashier.

4) Plead your case.

5) If successful, the caseworker tells you to go to window six to pay the cashier. I'm not sure what happens if your application isn't successful. I guess you could just leave, but I don't know. One thing's 100% certain: Payment comes after your application is examined at PEO Birmingham.

At this point, you would normally just go back to the sitting area and wait for your passport w/stamp. Or you could leave and come back to pick it up later in the day. HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE. On this past Friday, they were having IT problems, which meant although afternoon appointments were being kept and decisions being made, you had to leave without your passport or your visa being issued. They said they would special delivery them to applicants on the following Monday.

Here are your take-aways from all this:

1) Some PEOs do take payment after application vetting.
2) If you can, make your appointment for early in the day. You're less likely to be caught up in logistical problems that way. I mean, really: The whole point of premium service is that you're not separated from your passports, isn't it?

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:41 am

Thank you for the clarification.
One question: you mentioned the photo should be less than 1 month. Does this mean we need to get the photographer to provide proof (e.g. a seal on the back of the photo with date) of date taken?
I don't remember reading this point on the SET form/guide.

newperson

Post by newperson » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:56 am

global gypsy wrote:Thank you for the clarification.
One question: you mentioned the photo should be less than 1 month. Does this mean we need to get the photographer to provide proof (e.g. a seal on the back of the photo with date) of date taken?
I don't remember reading this point on the SET form/guide.
Nope. At this point they just take your word for it. No need for proof from photographers or whatever.

It is mentioned in the photo guidance. Just look about 3/5 of the way down on the first page under "The photographs must also..."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ncenew0409

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:26 pm

Thanks again.

peejay

Post by peejay » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:46 am

newperson wrote:I went to the PEO Birmingham last Friday. The set-up there is like this.

1) Check in with security. Wait in the sitting area.

2) Get called up by the first caseworker in a booth near the sitting area. S/he does a cursory check of your application. If it is valid (i.e., correct application, you have photos less than a month old, etc.), she gives you a queue number. Wait some more.

3) When your number gets called, you go and see your actual caseworker in a room around the corner. There are six booths in there, five functioning as interview areas and one as a cashier.

4) Plead your case.

5) If successful, the caseworker tells you to go to window six to pay the cashier. I'm not sure what happens if your application isn't successful. I guess you could just leave, but I don't know. One thing's 100% certain: Payment comes after your application is examined at PEO Birmingham.

At this point, you would normally just go back to the sitting area and wait for your passport w/stamp. Or you could leave and come back to pick it up later in the day. HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE. On this past Friday, they were having IT problems, which meant although afternoon appointments were being kept and decisions being made, you had to leave without your passport or your visa being issued. They said they would special delivery them to applicants on the following Monday.

Here are your take-aways from all this:

1) Some PEOs do take payment after application vetting.
2) If you can, make your appointment for early in the day. You're less likely to be caught up in logistical problems that way. I mean, really: The whole point of premium service is that you're not separated from your passports, isn't it?
Hi, thanks for the info! Can you confirm what application were you making and what was the result. I have appointment there next friday.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:13 am

can we pay whole amount in cash?