ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel on Spouse Visa (Albania)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hignfu
Newly Registered

Travel on Spouse Visa (Albania)

Post by hignfu » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Just have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

My husband has a Spouse Visa which expires at the beginning of October when we will hopefully have the ILR sorted.

Question 1 - when can he apply for ILR is there a time frame we need to stick to, I thought I had read that is couldn't be more than 3 months prior but I am confused, we are not going to do this through the postal system if that makes a difference.

Question 2 - he has got schengen visas to travel in europe previoulsy, is there any restrictions on travel when you are near the end of your visa expriy date, he is albanian and want to travel to albania for 2 weeks in august which will be under 2 months prior to expiry of visa.....just want to know if we go and have a lovely holiday come back to gatwick and there is a problem coming back into the country (that would be a nghtmare!!!)

Sorry its abit long winded but if anyone can shed any light then would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Emma

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Question 1.

Normally, he may apply for SET(M) (288) no sooner than 28 days (4 weeks) prior to the 2nd anniversary of his initial entry on his spouse visa and before his visa expires. However, see also good news. KOL required.

Question 2.

See also Going on holiday from UK, but do not have ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:46 pm

If the marriage is subsisting the visa is good for entry right up to the expiry date.