ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**VERY URGENT - VISA REFUSAL- NEED HELP WITH APPEAL******

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jinnyjonny

**VERY URGENT - VISA REFUSAL- NEED HELP WITH APPEAL******

Post by jinnyjonny » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi,

I have received my visa refulsal with the following comments from HO:

:: As the acedemic letter provided does not include ur date of award this evidence is not as specified in the guidance and we are unable to accept this award points for qualification.

However, I had submitted a letter from my college stating the below:

The student met the requirements for the degree on 23rd April 2009 and the certificate will be awarded to her at the graduation ceremony on 23rd June 2009.

Could anyone please advice on the following:

1. What is incorrect in the letter provided by college?
2. In appeal can I now submit a new letter from college or university, or can I submit the degree itself expected to be received on 23rd June?
3. Any help on the appeal process will be appreciated?

Anyone with similiar experience , please share your thoughts on this.

Looking for a urgent reply as just have 10 days to appeal.

Thanks in advance,

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: **VERY URGENT - VISA REFUSAL- NEED HELP WITH APPEAL*****

Post by yasa » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:52 pm

jinnyjonny wrote:Hi,

I have received my visa refulsal with the following comments from HO:

:: As the acedemic letter provided does not include ur date of award this evidence is not as specified in the guidance and we are unable to accept this award points for qualification.

The student met the requirements for the degree on 23rd April 2009 and the certificate will be awarded to her at the graduation ceremony on 23rd June 2009.

Could anyone please advice on the following:

1. What is incorrect in the letter provided by college?
2. In appeal can I now submit a new letter from college or university, or can I submit the degree itself expected to be received on 23rd June?
3. Any help on the appeal process will be appreciated?

Anyone with similiar experience , please share your thoughts on this.

Looking for a urgent reply as just have 10 days to appeal.

Thanks in advance,
Basically the letter should contain the start and ending date of your course. It should contain that u already qualified and passed the modules. It should be very precise and complete. And the main thing is u have to submit the degree as per guidance..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

jinnyjonny

Post by jinnyjonny » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi,

The letter from college states the following:

The above named is a former full time student of this college who wishes to apply for leave to remain in the UK under the tier 1 Post study work scheme , having successfully completed the Heriott watt University Masters degree in business administration (which is above the level of a UK bachelors degree ) which she undertook at the college between 24th july 2007 and 5th dec 2008 . the student met the requirements of the degree on the 23rd april 2009 and the certificate will be awarded to her at the graduation ceremony on 23rd june 2009.

I am unable to understand what could possibly have gone wrong with this.
Please advice.

Thanks,

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:35 pm

jinnyjonny wrote:Hi,

The letter from college states the following:

The above named is a former full time student of this college who wishes to apply for leave to remain in the UK under the tier 1 Post study work scheme , having successfully completed the Heriott watt University Masters degree in business administration (which is above the level of a UK bachelors degree ) which she undertook at the college between 24th july 2007 and 5th dec 2008 . the student met the requirements of the degree on the 23rd april 2009 and the certificate will be awarded to her at the graduation ceremony on 23rd june 2009.

I am unable to understand what could possibly have gone wrong with this.
Please advice.

Thanks,
Truth be told, there really isn't anything wrong with the letter you submitted. However, you must understand that these are difficult times with the recession, so, the HO is being extra-pedantic with supporting documentation for PSW applications.
If your letter had just contained "the degree was awarded on the 23rd April 2009", you would have had no problem.
Sorry about such a ridiculous refusal, just go ahead with the appeal. You're definitely going to win it

Butt
Newly Registered

Re: **VERY URGENT - VISA REFUSAL- NEED HELP WITH APPEAL*****

Post by Butt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:05 pm

your college letter should be as below.

The student has awarded the qualification on 23rd april 2009 but the certificate will be issue onb 23rd june 2009.

jinnyjonny

Post by jinnyjonny » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:38 am

Correct!!
But on what grounds can I appeal and can someone please advice on any good solicitors for appeal.....

Thanks,

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:12 pm

Yours is definetly a ridiculous case and wasting your time! They are not 5 years old, it clearly shows that you received the award on the 23rd of April, if they didn't understand that they could have verified with the university, as all the dates were there. Appeal, and appeal on the grounds that you had sent the letter in accordance with their policy with all the details they required and they acted in error, contrary to the law, and when you receive your certificate, take it with you to the oral hearing together with the letter, they are just being unreasonable in your case, and you should definetly be able to sort it out.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Read my topic and i think u will get the answer as i am in a similiar situation as yours but i have not applied yet.