ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Left Ireland while naturalisation application in process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

room1102

Left Ireland while naturalisation application in process

Post by room1102 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:14 pm

Has anyone left Ireland while their citizenship application in processing? I left Ireland for a year and now INIS asking for additional info. I was not working last year so I have no P60 and no transcation in my bank statements. I have never claim unemployment benefits while I was working in Ireland. does anyone if I will get refuse in my application now in INIS?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:18 am

If you no longer intend to live in the country, they do have the right to refuse you.

room1102

Post by room1102 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:24 pm

JAJ wrote:If you no longer intend to live in the country, they do have the right to refuse you.
Thx JAJ

I know they have right to refuse me and I can understand why as well. No, I am intended to come back to live in Ireland. I have the Long Term Residency approved this January, but I just want to know what will happen to me if I cannot produce the P60 as required because I left Ireland for awhile because of family reason. Does it sound like that they will refuse me now and I have reapply again once when I come back?

thx

Giri

Post by Giri » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:35 am

Even in good times they do find the loop holes to refuse the appication. This is the recession time. they are puposely looking for reason to cut the migrant numbers. The chances are very low. But if have a luck>>>>> then OK. Why I am saying is......

one of my friend left Ireland few months ago. later his residency appication was successful. He came to Ireland (he was from visa free country) and got te stamp for 5 years then went back again. This is luck. This will not happen to all!!!!!!!!!!!

TRV

Post by TRV » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:50 am

all you need to do is to prove that your intention to stay here without a burdon to Irish Government. If you read their webpage on Citizenship section, you are allowed to leave the country and come back while your application is being processed, you can notify of this intention to go out and come back again to the citizenship office. if you left for family reasons, I am sure you might have some document to back this up and also have some document showing that you are back in Ireland. So, send a letter explaining with any supporting document that you may have.

good luck.

TRV

Post by TRV » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:57 am

Here you go...

Q. What happens if I leave the State while my application is being processed?

A. If you are leaving the State on a temporary basis, it would be preferable that you advise the Department of the circumstances, so that officials will be aware of the situation if they need to contact you in relation to your application. The legal provisions governing naturalisation require that a naturalised person continue to reside in the State after naturalisation, and any long-term absences will be assessed in that light.