ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

previus refusal

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uptimist
Newly Registered

previus refusal

Post by uptimist » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:08 am

I applied for us tourist visa 7 years ago when i still had indefinit leave to remain in uk.The visa was denied refused because the ECO thinks i do not have strong ties in the uk then to make me come back,even when i showed him all evidences of my ties in the uk except for the fact that i had no children then.
I am now a british,still married with 3 children,though now lives with my fally in ireland.Is there any chance of same tourist visa been given since i can not travel visa free because of my previous visa refusal?secondly,if i need to apply again,do my children also apply or they can still travel visa exempted? (2 and 5 yrs old, both with british passport)

BAI
Newly Registered

Post by BAI » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:27 pm

You need to fill in ESTA first. A previous refusal (especially if it was refused some 7 years ago) should not prevent you from receiving a favourable response from ESTA. I know of cases similar to yours where the person got their ESTA approved. However, be prepared as you WILL be asked about your visa refusal at the port of entry and it will be up to the CBP officer whether or not you will be allowed into the country.