ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reduced waiting times at UKBA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Reduced waiting times at UKBA

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:27 am

Folks,

As per http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... tingtimes/, the new waiting times have reduced considerably.

'During the week commencing 15 June 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 1 June 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.'

Those of us who were looking for making in-person applications due to lengthy waiting times for postal applications can now give this a good thought. This may make more sense as it now takes 6 weeks to get an appointment at a PEO for straight-forward applications. I reckon that it'll be faster to get applications processed via post.

Happy to listen to your views on this.
Regards,
crowbar6

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Reduced waiting times at UKBA

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:36 am

Don't rely on that. Suddenly you will see the same time for another 2-3 weeks. That is not a true reflection.
crowbar6 wrote:Folks,

As per http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... tingtimes/, the new waiting times have reduced considerably.

'During the week commencing 15 June 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 1 June 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.'

Those of us who were looking for making in-person applications due to lengthy waiting times for postal applications can now give this a good thought. This may make more sense as it now takes 6 weeks to get an appointment at a PEO for straight-forward applications. I reckon that it'll be faster to get applications processed via post.

Happy to listen to your views on this.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Could be true also. I guess this has to do with easing off of the pressure from those who applied early to make it before the 30 March deadline and lot of people opting for in person applications.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:25 pm

I would agree with you push_hsmp. Again, my assessment is that for straight forward cases, postal apps are quicker than in-person appointments.
push_hsmp wrote:Could be true also. I guess this has to do with easing off of the pressure from those who applied early to make it before the 30 March deadline and lot of people opting for in person applications.
Regards,
crowbar6

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:21 pm

... I'm sure this depends on which type of application you're making, can't be for all.

Markie

Post by Markie » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:31 pm

straight forward cases - very quick indeed based on personal experience. UKBIA website note on week of 25th May was that they were processing applications send 1st week of May and by the following week I have my docs and passport/s with visa stamped.
justice_will_reign wrote:

... I'm sure this depends on which type of application you're making, can't be for all.