ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistani spouse+overstaying+now jointly recving CTC+H&C

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajaazhamid
Newly Registered

Pakistani spouse+overstaying+now jointly recving CTC+H&C

Post by ajaazhamid » Wed May 27, 2009 2:01 am

Hi Everyone.
I Think We need help??

I hope someone can help. My wife arrived in the UK 02/2004.
She was given a 2 years visa without recourse to public funds.

We lived happy together. 1st child born 02/2005 :D . 2nd child born 08/2006 :D

She had been overstaying since 01/01/2006.

A bit of a misunderstanding so my wife unknowingly of the consequences reported domestic violence in September 2006.
March 2007 we were back together again as family. :lol:
I lost my job due to redundancy in August 2008. Claimed for jobseekers allowance + council tax benefits + housing benefits + Child tax credits + Child benefits.
I was made homeless as per no income therefore unable to pay my rent, now residing in council rented property.

My wife only receives Child Benefit for our 3 children. However, the CTC and Housing benefit and Council tax Benefits are under joint names of my wife and I.

QUESTION? My wife would like to apply for residency here in the UK as to stay with me and the children, however, we don't even know what forms to fill out or what next steps we should take to get us out of this unsettled way of living.
I would appreciate if someone with some knowledge or expertise could shun some light to this subject.

:?:

1963British

Post by 1963British » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:53 pm

You need to speak with an immigration solicitor.