ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help a contractor on Tier 1 applying for ILR???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wp_to_tier1_168

Help a contractor on Tier 1 applying for ILR???

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Hello members,

I entered UK under WP in Aug 2004 and then I changed another employer still under WP. In April 2009 I switched to Tier 1 but unfortunately I was made redundant shortly afterward. Now I'm looking for jobs and it seems I will find a contractor job very soon.

Next month I'm going to apply for ILR (4yrs+11months). Regarding the requirement on active economy, which way is better for me to take the contractor job, either setting up a company (self-employed) or taking payment from the Contractor Agency? Or both same as far as ILR application is concerned?

The second question is whether the 3-month gap of unemployment impacts my ILR application.

Thank you very much!

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:39 am

It doesn't matter - you need to show proof of economic activity only.

When you are applying for ILR, you need to show last 3 month's earning.

If you can't do that, then apply after few months when you have last 3 month's payslip etc. available.

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:47 am

Rg1, thanks very much.

It looks like I will have to wait for three months to show them the recent economic activity I'm involved even though I will have passed the 5-year period. Are the three-months minimal requirement? thanks.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:39 am

I assume you are self employed, if so be ready with all 4 years P60 and if you are applying at PEO, my experience might help you.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---