ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could anyone please explain this?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JhonnyECU

Could anyone please explain this?

Post by JhonnyECU » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:06 pm

Hi all,

im one of those examples of the extremes of slow and fast treatment.

look, funnily, i got my application considered and refused in ONE day flat last may and now the review request is taking over ten weeks!!

i faxed my review request on 4/7/05 with my last caseworker ON the phone and she confirmed reception. She also said she would pass it onto the review team and that i would have an answer in 1 - 4 weeks...

so far this story sounds great, right? but now comes the 'misterious' part, look:

after TEN weeks of waiting, doing other things and NOT coming to this forum at all, i decided to ask for my status to the hsmp team and this is the response i got today
Dear Applicant,

I can confirm that we received your review request on the 18/8/2005. We have
now requested the file to be recalled and this will be forwarded to the
review teams who will deal with it from there. I can only ask you to be
patient and email us on a weekly basis to check the progression of your
review.

Kind Regards
WHAT is that supposed to mean? that my caseworker just hung up the phone and buried my review request in the deepness of those huge piles of original documents of people trying to go to the UK to help them grow economically?

does it mean that, ALL this 10 weeks has been a waste of time?

just the applicants with a review could have the right to email on a weekly basis and check on the progression of our cases?

thankfully, there has been some tremendously amazing changes in my life in the last months and this has made me more relaxed and focused, BUT even then, i think that this kind of 'unexplainable' system (to say it nicely) should not be applied to highly skilled/educated/prepared people, dont you agree?

what would you do in my case?

best wishes

Jhonny
:)

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:12 pm

one more thing,

why did the hsmp team received this review letter on the 18/8/05?

what would have happen if i had not sent this email asking for my status?

look forward to hearing all your comments, ideas, suggestions

jhonny

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:43 am

awww man i KNEW curiosity would get the better of you there J!!

What a mess- in the true standard of England, a country that is incapable of finding just about anyone in its immigration program. This makes me nervous for my own review- I phoned them to confirm receipt, but as we all know, its not exactly the brain trust up there. It DOES sound though that the 10 weeks has been a waste- how maddening!

I would give them two weeks from this time and then start really phoning once a week. Hang in there J- cause of your time lag it looks like well be in a bit of a race here to see who gets their review returned to them faster! :P

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:46 am

Here is another question- so they have had your documents this whole time? Unless your case worker filed the review with the document packet and then it was mislaid (probably by the guy that rejected me haha) and they had to fit you in the queue somehow, which seems quite stupid seeing as it was their messup and hence your case should have just been dealt with and sent on.

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:15 pm

hi there,

thanks for the replies amhilde. yes, this is a MESS to say the least! :roll:

i reckon, so far, i have never waited for something for SO long in my life neither have fought to get something... i guess the only thing that is keeping me positive and happy, regardless of this absolute unprofessional treatment coming from doncaster, is the ENORMOUS faith to be approved coming straight out of my soul. :D

i d like to recommend everyone to email the hsmp team a few weeks after you send in your documents, this would ensure you that those people in doncaster are doing their job properly on time and efficiently, ok?

if someone is kind enough to give some feedback in regards to the questions asked above i would truly appreciate it folks.

have a great one

hope all goes great with every single one of your applications and reviews.

cheers

jhonny