ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Awaiting consideration ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b52

Awaiting consideration ???

Post by b52 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:45 pm

HI Guys!
I am on PSW ,applied for general , acknowledgement received on 28 Apr, I called up homeoffice after six weeks on 8th, June, they replied AWATING CONSIDERATION.
I called up again on 12th June , same reply.
I was wandering whether my appliction is in que and awaiting to be looked at by case worker or the case worker has already looked at and he put application further in a verification que , where it is awaiting to be verified. So far neither employer nor Uni received any sort of UKBA enquiry.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Awaiting consideration ???

Post by push » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:47 pm

b52 wrote:HI Guys!
I am on PSW ,applied for general , acknowledgement received on 28 Apr, I called up homeoffice after six weeks on 8th, June, they replied AWATING CONSIDERATION.
I was wandering whether my appliction is in que and awaiting to be looked at by case worker or the case worker has already looked at and he put application further in a verification que , where it is awaiting to be verified. So far neither employer nor Uni received any sort of UKBA enquiry.
No absolute conclusions can be drawn from the status. Keep waiting.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

destiniation_london

Re: Awaiting consideration ???

Post by destiniation_london » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:06 pm

b52 wrote:HI Guys!
To be honest, these Tier 1 application status is as unpredictable as UKBA itself... but, as per our experience, awaiting consideration means that your case is still to be looked at by case worker.
Once it is picked by case worker, the status changes to 'Under consideration'. If there is any verification pending or the case is to be reviewed by any senior case worker, the status then turns to be 'Awaiting Further consideration'.

But, as said earlier, don't rely on the status given by helpline people. I've read and seen cases in this forum, where their application status was 'Under consideration' and next day they received their passport with visa...

So, it's not totally reliable.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Just relax and allow a good 8-10 weeks before you start worrying... they are hugely understaffed with a massive backlog and how long your application takes is all down to luck.

In fact, I am of the opinion that the less people chase everyday for status updates, the more resources UKBA can dedicate to processing cases rather than fielding calls.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]