ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit: Average time?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stevesyjames
Greece

EEA Family Permit: Average time?

Post by stevesyjames » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:51 am

Can people with experience let me know how long it took them from the time they applied (online) for their spouses EEA Family Permit until they actually received it? I know that the times vary, but I'm looking for a general idea of how long to expect. Cheers!

reginacarlson
Newly Registered

Post by reginacarlson » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Mine took 6 weeks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: EEA Family Permit: Average time?

Post by Rozen » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:52 pm

stevesyjames wrote:Can people with experience let me know how long it took them from the time they applied (online) for their spouses EEA Family Permit until they actually received it? I know that the times vary, but I'm looking for a general idea of how long to expect. Cheers!
This is EEA FP, not EEA2 RC, right? I think it also depends on the BHC you are applying from. Mine took one day! But as you can see (reginacarlson's took six WEEKS!), it varies from place to place, and from situation to situation. It shouldn't take too long though, as EEA FP applications are normally treated as priority cases.

reginacarlson
Newly Registered

Post by reginacarlson » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:14 pm

This is EEA FP, not EEA2 RC, right? I think it also depends on the BHC you are applying from. Mine took one day! But as you can see (reginacarlson's took six WEEKS!), it varies from place to place, and from situation to situation. It shouldn't take too long though, as EEA FP applications are normally treated as priority cases.
Wow that was quick Rozen! which country did you apply from and how long ago was it? I applied mine from the Philippines of September last year. Took 6 weeks to get the EEA family permit! :(

marikit
Newly Registered

Post by marikit » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:52 am

hello i am new here, i would just wanna ask you reginacarlson on what are the documents you have submitted when you applied for your eea family permit.thank you so much :)

Gerkema

Re: EEA Family Permit: Average time?

Post by Gerkema » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:26 am

stevesyjames wrote:Can people with experience let me know how long it took them from the time they applied (online) for their spouses EEA Family Permit until they actually received it? I know that the times vary, but I'm looking for a general idea of how long to expect. Cheers!
Under the below URL you can find the average processing times for different kinds of visas issued in all different countries. However, because the EEAFP should be issued free of charge and (more importantly) without delay, according to the EU directive, it pays off to complain if you haven't heard anything after 3 or 4 working days, regardless of the country.

E.g., my wife applied in Russia and as we hadn't heard anything in the first 5 days I complained to the VAC referring to the EU directive. They then referred to the below document. However, when I spoke to someone on the embassy in Moscow and explained that the permit should be issued without delay according to the EU directive, or else my european rights would be violated for which I would hold them responsible, all was arranged immediately.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... scustomers
marikit wrote:hello i am new here, i would just wanna ask you reginacarlson on what are the documents you have submitted when you applied for your eea family permit.thank you so much :)
We sent a copy of the rental agreement confirming that I live in the UK, a copy my EU passport, a letter from my employer confirming that I work in the UK and a copy of the marriage certificate.

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Are you asking the average time for EEA Visa? or Residence Card?

My wife visa was within 10working days.