ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 NEED VISA FOR EUROPE?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syedfida

Post by syedfida » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:51 pm

HI friends
can somebody tell me i have EEA2 (residence card) i want to go to france or other eu countries do i need to get visa for eu countries?

as i know i m family member of eu national i shuld be visa free for only EU countries.

plz let me know if u hav any info about it .

sincere
syed

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 NEED VISA FOR EUROPE?

Post by Rozen » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:48 am

syedfida wrote:HI friends
can somebody tell me i have EEA2 (residence card) i want to go to france or other eu countries do i need to get visa for eu countries?

as i know i m family member of eu national i shuld be visa free for only EU countries.

plz let me know if u hav any info about it .

sincere
syed
Some require you to still apply for a visa, some do not. Go to their respective websites! By the way, you do not need a visa to go to France if you have an EEA2 RC endorsed in your passport.

syedfida

Post by syedfida » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:35 am

hi rozen

thanx for reply. actully i have been told i cant travell to europe with out my wife coz she is eu national and i hav just residence card so with out her i cant travell to EU. could u tell me any website where i can find my travell rights?

thanx
syed

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:08 pm

You can find your rights in Directive 2004/38/EC. For travelling have a look into Article 5. There you will find that you can only travel visa-free if you either travel with or later join the EEA spouse. Some countries give more rights but you will have to check individually (Denmark and Cyprus say that you can travel alone on their embassy web pages).

syedfida

Post by syedfida » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:51 pm

hi
does any body know list of EU countries where EEA2 holder can travell alone and visa free .
or names of those EU countries

thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:31 am

syedfida wrote:hi
does any body know list of EU countries where EEA2 holder can travell alone and visa free .
or names of those EU countries

thanks
Do some research, starting from here...
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=27612