ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 to Tier4

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itsprabhu
Newly Registered

Tier1 to Tier4

Post by itsprabhu » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:37 am

Hello Everyone,

Just need a clarification from you all. I hold a valid Tier1(General) migrant Visa .Now I got admit in one of the University in UK .So can I use the same visa for higher studies ? I am not finding any information on the UK border agency. Can you please advise whether I can use the same visa or need to get the student visa ? . Any contact ids to get it confirmed?

Thanks in Advance.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 to Tier4

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:22 am

Yes you can got to college on that visa. College "may" ask you to provide valid visa for the duration of the course(which is rare).
But also make sure you earn enough in the last year of you visa to successfully get extension.
itsprabhu wrote:Hello Everyone,

Just need a clarification from you all. I hold a valid Tier1(General) migrant Visa .Now I got admit in one of the University in UK .So can I use the same visa for higher studies ? I am not finding any information on the UK border agency. Can you please advise whether I can use the same visa or need to get the student visa ? . Any contact ids to get it confirmed?

Thanks in Advance.

itsprabhu
Newly Registered

Post by itsprabhu » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Great Thanks for the information chetanojha...

itsprabhu
Newly Registered

Post by itsprabhu » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Here is the reply from UKBA... Does this means it will affect our extension? . To my knowledge we need to be employed for last 12 months to get the extension...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

There is nothing in the Immigration Rules to state that a person in the UK with leave to enter or remain under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme or Points Based System Tier 1 (General) cannot study if they choose to. However, this may impact on any extension applications or Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) applications, if they do not meet the basic requirement of this grant of leave, which is to either take or actively seek employment.

Working full time and studying a part time course may not affect any future applications. However, if a person is studying more than they are working, or not working at all, they would not be able to provide the required evidence for any extension or ILR application.
Persons in the UK with leave to enter or remain under Points Based System Tier 1 (Post Study Work) can study as much as they wish, as they are ineligible for extension and this category does not lead to ILR.

Yours faithfully,

Immigration Group
UK Border Agency
If you intend to reply

itsprabhu
Newly Registered

Post by itsprabhu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:34 am

Seniors can you please confirm the above? Thanks in Advance...

Jayceesh

Post by Jayceesh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:17 pm

You will need to plan it yourself as it all depends on the length of visa you have.

If you have a visa for 2 years and will be studying full time for 1 year, you will have just the remaining 1 year to make up for extension. If however you have 3 years and will be studying for 1 year, you have 2 years to make sure you get enough earned for extension purposes in the 12 months of last 15 preceding your application.

Just bear at the back of your mind what the economic situatuion is in your field.

All the best