ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duplicate/Photocopy Life In UK Test Certificate Acceptable?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ESCO
Newly Registered

Duplicate/Photocopy Life In UK Test Certificate Acceptable?

Post by ESCO » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:12 am

I did my “Life In the UK Testâ€

Filipinas

LIUK photocopy

Post by Filipinas » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:16 pm

My take on this is that you go for your first option which is to mention on the covering letter re: initial application you made, attach the document which HO gave you referring to their decision then attach the photocopy as well.

Test Centres don't give out duplicate originals. I tried to ask such from my test centre on the day I passed the test (thinking I would need to show the proof twice, ILR then naturalisation) but what they gave me is just a photocopy explaining that they are only allowed to print the original once.

Anyway it does say in their Pass Notification Ltter that they do notify the Home Office of the result electronically- so with your justification and Test Instance ID they'd be able to trace it.

Good luck.

Filipinas

Emma84

Post by Emma84 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 pm

You don't need to send it in as I don't think the Home Office will accept a photocopy anyway. Ticking the box that you passed to qualify for ILR and citing your test number is enough as they already have the original.

I also recommend that you use the NCS checking service. You do have to pay for it, but it's well worth as they check over your whole application.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Photocopies are not normally acceptable.
However in this instance as the HO failed to return it to you, I think it should work.
If anyone does not get their certificate back, please ask the HO to return it in the future.