ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How recent bank statement should be

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tahir.ulhaq

How recent bank statement should be

Post by tahir.ulhaq » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:21 am

Dear
Can someone share how recent or I may say old the bank statement should at the time one applies for Tier 1----- is it not more than one week or one month :?:
TAHIR UL HAQ

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:49 am

Have you read the guidelines???

tahir.ulhaq

Post by tahir.ulhaq » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:47 am

Yes I read those. The real confusion is when I was applying in FEB 09 it was said it should not be more than one week old and now someone and I have seen also that it should not be more than one month old. Is it so?
TAHIR UL HAQ

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:35 am

As per the guidelines, the bank statement shouldn't be a month old but doesn't cost a penny to get the recent statement (less than a month old) from the bank a day or two before your appointment. Just go to your bank branch and ask for a latest bank statement (stamped & signed), they will give you straight away.

surmui

Post by surmui » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:36 pm

That's not always the case.You need to lucky and with the right bank.
My account is with HSBC and they issue statements once a month.when i asked them to give me the latest ,i am told to wait for 3-5 working days after putting in the request.secondly they also refused to sign or stamp the cash point statements.
I need to change my bank. :evil:

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:41 pm

surmui wrote:That's not always the case.You need to lucky and with the right bank.
My account is with HSBC and they issue statements once a month.when i asked them to give me the latest ,i am told to wait for 3-5 working days after putting in the request.secondly they also refused to sign or stamp the cash point statements.
Guys...

The latest bank statement SHOULD NOT be more than 1month old on the date you apply.. the old rule of less than a week was scrapped on 10th DEC 08...

You can submit the monthly statements you receive for the earning proof's and for maintenance funds proof u need to submit the latest one less than 1month old...

guys dont get confused.. goodluck

tahir.ulhaq

Post by tahir.ulhaq » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:03 pm

This helped a lot. Thank you all
TAHIR UL HAQ

samhsmp
Newly Registered

HSBC sucks!

Post by samhsmp » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:44 pm

surmui wrote:That's not always the case.You need to lucky and with the right bank.
Even I have an account with HSBC and they refused to sign/stamp the statements. I have got my in person appointment on Monday and I have hit a wall in terms of available options now to get it stamped!

I had requested them earlier this week for statements which I received yesterday afternoon, but they just look like normal internet banking printours albeit on a better quality paper. I am scared that my extension app would be rejected!

Any pointers? Did you receive stamped statements from HSBC?

Regards
Saurabh

mithuchopra
Newly Registered

Post by mithuchopra » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi Saurabh,

I have an account with HSBC too. I got my Tier 1 done in April(just before the new rules came into effect). They initially refused to give me any statements at the branch but later they did. They just printed the statement on a better quality paper as u said with the HSBC logo on the left top. They stamped it with a seal that said the branch name and nothing else and nobody would sign it. I can't forget the look I had on my face when I saw that paper n I was to take my flight to India that evening to make my application asap.

So what I did is, I gave them a letter stating that they can disclose my account details to BHC. They stamped it "received" and I attached a copy of that with my application. In the covering letter, I mentioned that the original statements were not available as on the date of application. So I'm submitting the statements as provided by the bank. and that I have authorised BHC to contact the bank for any information.

I still don't know if this was required, but I had no second chance, so I just put it in.

Now, for my husband's visa, I requested a statement on telephone banking and they sent me one in 4 working days. This one is in the same format as the monthly statements. So if you have time, you may choose to order these instead.

Hope that helps,

Mithu Chopra

samhsmp
Newly Registered

Post by samhsmp » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks! I got my visa extension y'day from the date my current HSMP was expiring (in Sep'09), so until Sep '12..

About the statements - guess I got confused unnecessarily as UBS Internet Bank Statements look exactly the same as the ones which I got from HSBC..I did order the HSBC statements on phone and they were readily accepted..

Regards
Saurabh

tahir.ulhaq

Post by tahir.ulhaq » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:09 am

In Uk, there is no problem to get one but it is in Pakistan as they will keep waiting.
TAHIR UL HAQ