ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Student Visa to a business Visa ****Help*****

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sbabar
Newly Registered

Switching from Student Visa to a business Visa ****Help*****

Post by Sbabar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:24 am

Hi All,
I am on a student visa for the last 5 years and now my college has been closed down (black list) I am at the moment involve in an education business and want to switch over to a business visa, I have some questions.
1. Is it allowed to change the status from student to business?
2. Will it be possible to switch over while I am staying in UK or do I have to go back to my home country (Pakistan)
3. Do I need to provide anything from my college which is closed down?

Please help as my visa is going to expire on 30th of June 2009.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:18 pm

It is worrying that your college has closed down and is blacklisted, as your degree from the college might not be recognized anymore.

Still more worrying is that you were involved in business on the student visa, which may not be looked upon favourably by the Home Office.

You need to clarify which visa you are thinking of - there is only the entrepreneur and the investor visa. Both requires you to have substantial sums of money (£300k+) to invest in a business, or have a business worth that much.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

Sbabar
Newly Registered

Post by Sbabar » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:13 am

Thanks for your response and sorry I am replying a bit late, the only thing I wanted to know was if some one has a business and is willing to take me with as a partner or director, what will be the situation. will HO accepts the switching over to that category? if yes what will be the process?

Thanks.