ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Senior members or others please help.......

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gherajesh
Newly Registered

Senior members or others please help.......

Post by gherajesh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:56 am

I am going to apply for Tier 1. I am providing bank statements and letter from Company for my Previous earnings. I have changed 2 jobs in last one year. One job I left on Dec 2008. For letter from company: Can I make a letter from the company now??? If I show letter from company "dated now", then will it be ok??????

Do dates on letter really matters??????

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Senior members or others please help.......

Post by yasa » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:17 am

gherajesh wrote:I am going to apply for Tier 1. I am providing bank statements and letter from Company for my Previous earnings. I have changed 2 jobs in last one year. One job I left on Dec 2008. For letter from company: Can I make a letter from the company now??? If I show letter from company "dated now", then will it be ok??????

It is quite obvious your first company will issue u a letter "dated now" they can't do backdated letter...The letter should showspay for every month net/gross and should corroborate with your bank statement..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

AkashS
Member of Standing

Re: Senior members or others please help.......

Post by AkashS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:18 am

gherajesh wrote:I am going to apply for Tier 1. I am providing bank statements and letter from Company for my Previous earnings. I have changed 2 jobs in last one year. One job I left on Dec 2008. For letter from company: Can I make a letter from the company now??? If I show letter from company "dated now", then will it be ok??????

Do you want to say that you don't have any letter from your previous company and you are going to get it now so that may put today's date? But the company will mention that you worked from date xxx to yyy.

gherajesh
Newly Registered

Post by gherajesh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:34 am

Yes, I don't have any letter from the company but the bank statements. All I need is letter from the company which I left on Dec last year. What should be the date of make of letter. I mean they might have some documents having dates of dec 2008 or I can now request for new letter stating everything.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:41 am

If you can get letter from your previous company which can provide evidence of your earnings (month,gross, net) if will be fine. It is quite obvious your previous company will put the current date on the letter but it will not affect the validity of the letter. You will be fine.

gherajesh
Newly Registered

Post by gherajesh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:43 am

Thanx yasa, AkashS and chetanojha for ur valuable replies.........

I have an another querry.

I have studied from an institute which is in the database of BHC. My degree was taught in English. How can I prove this thing???

I mean, Do I need to prove "by documents" that I know English as I did my graduation from the listed institute???

Thanx in advance.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:22 pm

gherajesh wrote:Thanx yasa, AkashS and chetanojha for ur valuable replies.........

I have an another querry.

I have studied from an institute which is in the database of BHC. My degree was taught in English. How can I prove this thing???

I mean, Do I need to prove "by documents" that I know English as I did my graduation from the listed institute???

Thanx in advance.
If the points calculator awards you 10 points for your course+institution+degree+duration etc. under the english language section then you do not need anything else (apart from the original degree certificate ofcourse)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mvent00
Diamond Member

date of letter

Post by mvent00 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:20 am

Hi,
I was also looking for similar information and found following from Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance.

Page 25: 141. iii) Letter from the applicant’s (previous and/or present) employer(s) (or in the case of winnings, the relevant awarding body) confirming that he/she has received the exact amount claimed. This is a letter on company headed paper which clearly shows the applicant’s earnings during period claimed, and the date and amount of each payment. This letter should be dated after the period for which earnings are being claimed and should clearly show the applicant’s gross and net pay.â€

gherajesh
Newly Registered

Post by gherajesh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:10 am

Thanx for the advices and suggestions....

Can I show "Bank Statement + Salary slips" of one company and "Bank Statements + letter from company" of another company???

i.e.
Do the "option of documents" from the companies(if have worked in more than one company) need to be same??

Thanx.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:41 am

gherajesh wrote:Thanx for the advices and suggestions....

Can I show "Bank Statement + Salary slips" of one company and "Bank Statements + letter from company" of another company???

i.e.
Do the "option of documents" from the companies(if have worked in more than one company) need to be same??

Thanx.
Yes you can.

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:26 pm

Does anyone have any advice on this? A friend is in a dilemna and does not know what to do. What happens when checks are made and previous employer acknowledges that you worked with them but do not confirm your earnings and generally give a bad reference?
How do you prove your case in appeal?
Good things come to those who wait.................

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Home Office will not be asking for a character reference. HO will be asking whether employer has paid the money to your friend or not.Secondly, if your employer has given a letter to your friend, there is no reason why employer will not confirm the same to HO. HO may question employer in that case...
hoopsy wrote:Does anyone have any advice on this? A friend is in a dilemna and does not know what to do. What happens when checks are made and previous employer acknowledges that you worked with them but do not confirm your earnings and generally give a bad reference?
How do you prove your case in appeal?

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:37 pm

A friend wants to apply for Tier 1, this is his dilemna...he was employed by a recruitment consultancy (let's call it company A) and they gave him a contract of employment. He was deployed to work in another company, let's call it company B. Apparently, company A is an outsourcing consultancy that company B uses they are one body.
The problem now is that my friend has all his payslips from company B and his salary is also credited from company B. But all correspondence on his employment comes from company A. That means that if he uses letter from employer it will be from company A, while his payslips and bank statement are from company B. He wants to use only the payslips and bank statement to avoid complications, but he is worried that if HO contacts his employer it will be company A.
He does not have any document tying both companies together but they are of the same group of companies.
Advise anyone?
Good things come to those who wait.................

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:09 pm

Get a letter from employer. Since both companies are under same group, i think it should be fine.
hoopsy wrote:A friend wants to apply for Tier 1, this is his dilemna...he was employed by a recruitment consultancy (let's call it company A) and they gave him a contract of employment. He was deployed to work in another company, let's call it company B. Apparently, company A is an outsourcing consultancy that company B uses they are one body.
The problem now is that my friend has all his payslips from company B and his salary is also credited from company B. But all correspondence on his employment comes from company A. That means that if he uses letter from employer it will be from company A, while his payslips and bank statement are from company B. He wants to use only the payslips and bank statement to avoid complications, but he is worried that if HO contacts his employer it will be company A.
He does not have any document tying both companies together but they are of the same group of companies.
Advise anyone?