ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wants to leave ireland when you have your irish passport?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TRV

wants to leave ireland when you have your irish passport?

Post by TRV » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:23 am

let's see how many are going to be loyal to ireland and stay here for ever when they receive irish passport? whoever married to irish partner is exceptions....

let's start the count - me and my wife are leaving...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:19 am

Many people have stayed very loyal to Ireland in the past, while at the same time leaving for better times in the UK, Europe and North America. There is nothing preventing you from being loyal, but fed up and wanting to leave.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 am

After getting my passport, I will be staying in Ireland for as long as I can (economic situation permitting). If I'm forced to leave, I will be returning at some stage later. I love this country and I really like living here.

Yes, there are many aspects of the way the country is run I don't like, but once I have my citizenship I will have a weapon I can use against that: the right to vote. So I believe in being loyal to the State and in doing what I can to make it a better State.

Edit: By the way, I'm not married and I don't have children.

LP

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Well both me and my partner and my child are irish now.
I can certainly say I will be staying here. As LP said if the economics permit. I like the style of living in here and I certainly like Dublin.
But it something happen to me because my race like in the Romanians, I sadly have to leave. I am in no way want to live in fear of attack. I will seek political asylum in UK :P Luckly I don't have to because I am EU Citizen now.
In other topic I recently in hospital and the service is great. I am grateful being in this country. Eventhough I am in differenct race, I don't feel different at all. All staff are very helpfu.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:55 am

Ireland tends to have a magnetic effect.

I know of many people, not just Irish citizens (born or naturalised), but resident "foreigners" too, who, once having lived here, find it hard not to register Ireland as being home.

You can have your London, your Paris or your Rome - but only back in Ireland will you feel that you're home.

(I'll get my coat).. :lol:
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Darkhorse wrote: In other topic I recently in hospital and the service is great. I am grateful being in this country. Eventhough I am in differenct race, I don't feel different at all. All staff are very helpfu.
Yes Darkhorse, the hopital and healhhcare system is NOW working, all thanks to the legion of Eur150/year-immigrationfee-paying Philipinos nurses and Nigerian doctors. When it comes to granting them citizenship which is the least amount of gratitude I believe such people deserve, the Irish beuraucrats and their frustrating system waits on "OUTSIDE AGENCIES" forever :evil: .

realgunner

Post by realgunner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:23 pm

i will stay in Ireland