ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keble2006
Newly Registered

Re: Status Enquiry

Post by keble2006 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:23 pm

[quote="jagbir"]I just tried to check on the status of my application. I had applied on the 18th of April (more than 5 weeks ago). The lady on the line just said bluntly "you cannot make an enquiry before 6 weeks have passed". Is this something new as of today? I can see that there are other people who are making enquiries and getting their status told to them even though it is less than 6 weeks since the application date. The reference letter that I received only says I cannot enquire before 28 days.[/quote]

I would try again but we seem to have the same timing but they told me, as mentioned above, that application is under consideration, but dispatched end of day Monday. Odd, in anycase I have not received it yet but you should be able to call and get someone else. the person i spoke to was rather helpful but seems to only have what shows up on his computer screen.

livejazz
Newly Registered

Post by livejazz » Wed May 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Only dependant (new born baby) application
Documents posted on 24/04/09
Card debited on 27/04/09
Letter and visa dated 21/05/09
Documents received 27/05/09
Regards

jagbir
Newly Registered

Post by jagbir » Thu May 28, 2009 9:39 am

keble2006 wrote:
I would try again but we seem to have the same timing but they told me, as mentioned above, that application is under consideration, but dispatched end of day Monday. Odd, in anycase I have not received it yet but you should be able to call and get someone else. the person i spoke to was rather helpful but seems to only have what shows up on his computer screen.
Thanks for your reply dude. I think I will try again today sometime - when I can manage to find the 40 odd minutes that I can spend on the phone. Anyways, thats what I had thought too that some other fellow members here have managed to get their statuses even though it was still not 6 weeks after their application date.

All the best for receiving your documents and the approval soon.

jagbir
Newly Registered

Post by jagbir » Thu May 28, 2009 10:07 am

keble2006 wrote: I would try again but we seem to have the same timing but they told me, as mentioned above, that application is under consideration, but dispatched end of day Monday. Odd, in anycase I have not received it yet but you should be able to call and get someone else. the person i spoke to was rather helpful but seems to only have what shows up on his computer screen.
By the way, which Monday ar ethey referring to? Last Monday was a bank holiday, so I doubt it if they would have posted on a bank holiday.

All the best again!!

keble2006
Newly Registered

Post by keble2006 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:20 am

[quote="jagbir"][quote="keble2006"]
I would try again but we seem to have the same timing but they told me, as mentioned above, that application is under consideration, but dispatched end of day Monday. Odd, in anycase I have not received it yet but you should be able to call and get someone else. the person i spoke to was rather helpful but seems to only have what shows up on his computer screen.[/quote]

By the way, which Monday ar ethey referring to? Last Monday was a bank holiday, so I doubt it if they would have posted on a bank holiday.

All the best again!![/quote]

Hi Jabir, They referred to This Tuesday actually. Aplogies. It was dispatched Tuesday and under consideration and I received an email from my attorney today that they have recieved the approval docs. thanks for all the support from all. It is a stressful process. let me know if anyone has any questions. this is a good message board to help others and share views.

I applied on April 18th
Received letter from HO on 20th confirming receipt and funds deducted
I called on May 26th (Tues) to check status; Under consideration and documents dispatched.
May 28th Attorney received all my docs.
I will let you know the dates posted in the visa and any other info once received. thanks again

jagbir
Newly Registered

Post by jagbir » Thu May 28, 2009 11:01 am

keble2006 wrote: Hi Jabir, They referred to This Tuesday actually. Aplogies. It was dispatched Tuesday and under consideration and I received an email from my attorney today that they have recieved the approval docs. thanks for all the support from all. It is a stressful process. let me know if anyone has any questions. this is a good message board to help others and share views.

I applied on April 18th
I called on May 26th (Tues) to check status; Under consideration and documents dispatched.
I will let you know the dates posted in the visa and any other info once received. thanks again
No worries !! Congratulations for getting your approval. Its good news for me too and I just received my documents with the approval just 5 minutes ago.

The time lines for my HSMP to Tier 1 general application are:

Applied: 18th April
Ref Letter: 21st April
Approval Received 28th May.
Visa granted untill 17th May 2012 (My initial visa expired on this 17th of May)

Thank you everybody for support and good wishes !!

Now this is the interesting bit in my application that just shows how casual and careless they are in evaluating applications:

I have a PhD in Experimental Nuclear Physics from Panjab University, Chandigarh, and I had claimed and got 50 points in my initial HSMP application. At that time I had provided the original degree certificate. This university and this qualification shows up in their points based calculator with no issues and awards 50 points.

In the extention I am not required to attach the qualifications proof again because it clearly says that if the qualification has not changed then I need not send the proof again. So I had not sent the proof again.

But now in the approval document they say that they have only given me 30 points for qualification saying:

- You have claimed claimed 50 points in respect of points scored on your previous HSMP application.

- The evidence provided with your HSMP application inidicated that you were eligible for 30 points for a qualification equivalent to UK bachelors.

- Without the provision of any evidence in support of points in this application, you have been awarded points in line with your previous HSMP application.

So they awarded me 30 points for the same qualification which awarded me 50 points in my initial HSMP application and even right now awards me 50 points on the points based calculator.

This was a very close call for me because with the qualifictaions points reduced from 50 to 30 I just barely made it with exactly 75 points.

I think what we can learn from this is that it is better to send the qualifications proof again in the extension application, no matter what. I guess this also somewhat explains why they insist on seeing the qualification proof again for extension applications made in person.
Last edited by jagbir on Thu May 28, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue.olive

Post by blue.olive » Thu May 28, 2009 12:27 pm

keble2006 wrote:
jagbir wrote:I just tried to check on the status of my application. I had applied on the 18th of April (more than 5 weeks ago). The lady on the line just said bluntly "you cannot make an enquiry before 6 weeks have passed". Is this something new as of today? I can see that there are other people who are making enquiries and getting their status told to them even though it is less than 6 weeks since the application date. The reference letter that I received only says I cannot enquire before 28 days.
I read that 6 week or 28 working days on home office website.
She is right

keble2006
Newly Registered

Post by keble2006 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:52 am

[quote="jagbir"][quote="keble2006"]
Hi Jabir, They referred to This Tuesday actually. Aplogies. It was dispatched Tuesday and under consideration and I received an email from my attorney today that they have recieved the approval docs. thanks for all the support from all. It is a stressful process. let me know if anyone has any questions. this is a good message board to help others and share views.

I applied on April 18th
I will let you know the dates posted in the visa and any other info once received. thanks again[/quote]

No worries !! Congratulations for getting your approval. Its good news for me too and I just received my documents with the approval just 5 minutes ago.

The time lines for my HSMP to Tier 1 general application are:

Applied: 18th April
Ref Letter: 21st April
Approval Received 28th May.
Visa granted untill 17th May 2012 (My initial visa expired on this 17th of May)

Thank you everybody for support and good wishes !!

Now this is the interesting bit in my application that just shows how casual and careless they are in evaluating applications:

I have a PhD in Experimental Nuclear Physics from Panjab University, Chandigarh, and I had claimed and got 50 points in my initial HSMP application. At that time I had provided the original degree certificate. This university and this qualification shows up in their points based calculator with no issues and awards 50 points.

In the extention I am not required to attach the qualifications proof again because it clearly says that if the qualification has not changed then I need not send the proof again. So I had not sent the proof again.

But now in the approval document they say that they have only given me 30 points for qualification saying:

- You have claimed claimed 50 points in respect of points scored on your previous HSMP application.

- The evidence provided with your HSMP application inidicated that you were eligible for 30 points for a qualification equivalent to UK bachelors.

- Without the provision of any evidence in support of points in this application, you have been awarded points in line with your previous HSMP application.

So they awarded me 30 points for the same qualification which awarded me 50 points in my initial HSMP application and even right now awards me 50 points on the points based calculator.

This was a very close call for me because with the qualifictaions points reduced from 50 to 30 I just barely made it with exactly 75 points.

I think what we can learn from this is that it is better to send the qualifications proof again in the extension application, no matter what. I guess this also somewhat explains why they insist on seeing the qualification proof again for extension applications made in person.[/quote]

Good point always good to include. did you get any other comments from them regarding the expiry in 2012 and what will happen then? It appears that it is always worth giving every possible piece of evidence necessary.

jagbir
Newly Registered

Post by jagbir » Fri May 29, 2009 6:16 pm

keble2006 wrote:Good point always good to include. did you get any other comments from them regarding the expiry in 2012 and what will happen then? It appears that it is always worth giving every possible piece of evidence necessary.
There is nothing particular about the expiry in 2012. It just says some general stuff like:

"This extension of your leave to remain completely replaces your previous leave including any conditions that were attached to that leave."

"You should familiarise yourself with the requirements for further leave to remain in this category. You should note that the requirements may be revised and such revisions may apply to migrants who already hold leave to remain in the category."

Did you get any particular comments about the further extension in 2012?

sushaan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent for spouse approved!

Post by sushaan » Sun May 31, 2009 8:39 am

Application received on 5th May
Money deducted on 6th May
Visa stamped on 28th May
Documents received on 30th May!

All this is under 4 weeks!

Looks like there are hardly any applications on their tables submitted since the new rules were applied.

Thanks for all your help!

nsuk
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 1 dependent for spouse approved!

Post by nsuk » Sun May 31, 2009 10:18 am

sushaan wrote:Application received on 5th May
Visa stamped on 28th May

Looks like there are hardly any applications on their tables submitted since the new rules were applied.

Dear Friend

Congrats to you for this success.

Could you let me know as if your employer got a call from the ECO in the

process and also wether you applied from inside or outside the UK.

Thanks

Neeraj Sharma :P

hockeycockey
Newly Registered

Post by hockeycockey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:40 am

Visa stamped on 28th May

Wow ... that was super quick.

I have applied on 11th May for T1 Initial Application.

Hopefully i should receive my documents this week or may be next week.

zahira
Newly Registered

Post by zahira » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:50 am

Visa stamped on 28th May

Congrats Sushaan!

could you please tell me from which country did you apply ?

thanks

zahira
Newly Registered

aproval

Post by zahira » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Hello, I have just recieved a comfirmation for my Tier 1 visa

Money deduced on 11th May
documents recieved 1st June

Thanks to everyone and good luck.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Re: aproval

Post by nsuk » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:07 pm

zahira wrote:Hello, I have just recieved a comfirmation for my Tier 1 visa

Congrats Friend

Ur case has corroborated the fact that timeframes have changed

remarkably after the change in rules. Good Luck

hockeycockey
Newly Registered

Re: aproval

Post by hockeycockey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:47 pm

zahira wrote:Hello, I have just recieved a comfirmation for my Tier 1 visa

Congrats.

I am exactly in the same boat.

Money Deducted on 11.May.2009

So hopefully I get my docs back this week. Fingers Crossed :roll:

hockeycockey
Newly Registered

Post by hockeycockey » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:16 am

Application received on 11th May

Money deducted on 1st May

Visa stamped on 1st June

Documents received on 2nd June

Visa Granted upto 1st June 2012

That was super quick ... It seems there are hardly any applications at the HO.

zahira
Newly Registered

Printing error on my visa

Post by zahira » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi Guys

I have recieved a comfirmation letter from the HO that I am granted a General Tire 1 visa, but they made a printing mistake on my visa ( they have printed "post study worker" instead of "General" ) does anyone knows how long it will take to correct this mistake or if i have to go through the procedure from the beggining ?

thx

Reader
Newly Registered

Post by Reader » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:27 pm

I would like to advice any & everyone in this forum, please do not go through immigration consultants, as you yourself can do a much better job than them, based on my HORRIBLE HORRIBLE recent experience with workpermit.com which is advertised right on top of this forum.

few words to describe my experience with workpermit.com

Unprofessional, Unethical, dis-organized, no clue whatsover .

BIG NO to immigration Consultants :) Yayy

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Ha ha ha! do you know that this forum is maintained by workpermit.com, they have a copyright of it :lol:
But, true said that we do not need to go to immigration consultants
Reader wrote:I would like to advice any & everyone in this forum, please do not go through immigration consultants, as you yourself can do a much better job than them, based on my HORRIBLE HORRIBLE recent experience with workpermit.com which is advertised right on top of this forum.

few words to describe my experience with workpermit.com

Unprofessional, Unethical, dis-organized, no clue whatsover .

BIG NO to immigration Consultants :) Yayy
- Ramgsk

ramgsk

Tier1 (General) Dependant Visa timeline

Post by ramgsk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Dependant Processing Time - (For my kid)

I am in UK, we have applied Tier1(General) Dependant Visa for our kid in India

Applied on : 09/Jun (Tue)
Center : VFS Hyderabad
Visa Received : 16/Jun (Tue)

Covering Letter Format

Sponsorship Letter Format
- Ramgsk

vivekR

Processing Time

Post by vivekR » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Category: MBA Transitional Tier 1 General
Application is In country sent to Durham.

Documents sent: 16/06/09
Dependants: 02 (Each carged at £50/ person)
Moneys deducted: 230609 - Money sent by Cheque (Highly recommend not to use this option).

Called 230609- Given ref number. Told to wait 6 weeks atleast before an update is available.

08th July 2009 - Recd a call from UKBA for a more recent Passport size picture. I had reused a picture (6 months ago for Schengen Visa)

15th Jule 2009 - Document + Visa arrived . Three years visa granted.

Next task - ILR application in Oct... $820 for 4 months ... wha a waste!!
Last edited by vivekR on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Reader
Newly Registered

Post by Reader » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:36 am

buddy they may maintain this forum, but they have NO CLUE whatsoever what makes a good application.

irtaza
Newly Registered

Documents returned within 2 weeks!

Post by irtaza » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:20 am

Category : Tier 1 General Extension + 2 Dependents
Application Date : 01-June-2009
Aknowledge Letter : 03-June-2009
Documents Received : 16-June-2009 (2 weeks only!!!)

My initial visa was going to expire on 4th July 2004. I was granted 3.5 years extension not 3 years. The reason for this is that I got my initial visa on 4th July 2007 but I came to the UK in December 2007. So they have given me a Visa till December 2012.

pubmania
Newly Registered

Re: Documents returned within 2 weeks!

Post by pubmania » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:51 pm

irtaza wrote:Category : Tier 1 General Extension + 2 Dependents
Application Date : 01-June-2009
Aknowledge Letter : 03-June-2009
Documents Received : 16-June-2009 (2 weeks only!!!)

My initial visa was going to expire on 4th July 2004. I was granted 3.5 years extension not 3 years. The reason for this is that I got my initial visa on 4th July 2007 but I came to the UK in December 2007. So they have given me a Visa till December 2012.
Congrats on your Visa approval!!

I wanted to know,if you had put in a request for Visa extended till December 2012,in a cover letter.Or is it that,they just saw your case and stamped till December. I'm in a similar situation,but I haven't requested for this in the cover letter.