ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info Needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aruvi_j
Newly Registered

Info Needed

Post by aruvi_j » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:22 am

Hi All,

We(me and my wife - dependant) went through a solicitor and appealed against my Tier1 - Post study work refusal on the 7th of April 2009. we got the decision result, saying that our Appeal is allowed on 22nd april.

On the 29th of May i got a call from Home Office Presenting unit, saying that decision copy will be sent Leeds on the 1st of June.

How long should i wait to get the letter from Leeds asking for our Passport?

If you could please let me know that it would be much appreciated.

aruvi_j

macleefernandes
Newly Registered

Re: Info Needed

Post by macleefernandes » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Mate , I am in the same boat as you.

I was denied my PSW Tier 1 visa in January, I appealed against the decision, Had a hearing on the 19th of May(the decision was awarded in my favor), and I am waiting for a letter from the home office since then. I call up almost every day, and all I get told is that I need to be patient and wait.

We shouldn't give up.

M sure there are loads of PSW applicants facing the same problem.

I have even written to MY local MP, but have had no response.

Its a a real shame, that they have no empathy or care for people like us who are suffering, yes really suffering emotionally

M

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:22 pm

All I can say is be patient because you need a great deal of patience to see you through this period.
I got my letter within 5 weeks of my successful appeal. I know of people who got theirs much later. I really wish there was a specific range of time to tell you but like everything else concerning the HO, the waiting times are quite random.
Just be patient.
All the best

macleefernandes
Newly Registered

Post by macleefernandes » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Cheers Bud,

Thank you for those encouraging words, Much appreciated.

Best Regards,

M

Gururaj

Post by Gururaj » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:13 pm

macleefernandes wrote:Cheers Bud,

Thank you for those encouraging words, Much appreciated.

Best Regards,

M
Dear M,Koolbone &Aruvi J,
I have been recently refused on the grounds of maintenance funds falling short by £50.00 for a period of 2 days. I have sent in my appeal form and I would like to know about the next stages of the process.
All of you have been successful with your appeals and any info from you would be a great help.

1) How many weeks would it take before I get to stand at my Oral hearing?

2) Should I have to take professional help( I have strong evidence with regards to my funds for the past couple of months in my savings account). Do I still need to go for Professional help.

3) What kind of documents should I have to carry with me for the Oral hearing?

4) Any info on the hearing process? How does it go? How long does it last?
What kind of questions would be posed etc? Any information would be very helpful.

5) Should I have to take anything else with me?

Many Thanks in Advance
Regards
G
Guru

macleefernandes
Newly Registered

Post by macleefernandes » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:06 am

Hi There,

Here are your questions answered based on my experience

Ans: Firstly a date would be decided as soon as a lawyer becomes available (This can range any where from 4 to 12 weeks or more not sure though)

2) Should I have to take professional help( I have strong evidence with regards to my funds for the past couple of months in my savings account). Do I still need to go for Professional help.
Ans: My case was similar to yours, In addition to my current bank account, I had a savings account which had a balance of well over 800 GBP which was UN TOUCHED for more then 3 months (this made my case strong). I did not use a lawyer for my case. But its totally up-to you.

Ans: All your bank statements to prove that u had adequate funds all along FOR THE 3 MONTHS BEFORE APPLICATION.

What kind of questions would be posed etc? Any information would be very helpful.
Ans: Mine was a paper hearing , my friends took 5 minutes as the judge was pleased with the bank statements.

Ans: It is always good to carry the documents u had sent during your visa application.

Gururaj

Post by Gururaj » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:22 pm

macleefernandes wrote:Hi There,

Here are your questions answered based on my experience

Ans: Firstly a date would be decided as soon as a lawyer becomes available (This can range any where from 4 to 12 weeks or more not sure though)

Ans: My case was similar to yours, In addition to my current bank account, I had a savings account which had a balance of well over 800 GBP which was UN TOUCHED for more then 3 months (this made my case strong). I did not use a lawyer for my case. But its totally up-to you.

Ans: All your bank statements to prove that u had adequate funds all along FOR THE 3 MONTHS BEFORE APPLICATION.

Ans: Mine was a paper hearing , my friends took 5 minutes as the judge was pleased with the bank statements.

Ans: It is always good to carry the documents u had sent during your visa application.
Thanks a lot M. Your response is well appreciated.

Regards
Guru

macleefernandes
Newly Registered

Post by macleefernandes » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi Guru,

You are most welcome. i wanted to clarify an error in answer 1; It's when a judge becomes available and not lawyer..

All the best

M