ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tomcat
Newly Registered

PEO Experience

Post by tomcat » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:19 am

Hi all,

I have been silent viewer of this forum and have got plenty of important info. from the posts. Here is my experience with PEO.

Application: Tier 1 General from HSMP initial
Visa application Date: 12th June 2009
Visa Expiry date: January 2010
Visa Approval Date: January 2013
Documents : Application form, bankstatemets, salary slips and letter from employer(this was not necessary in my case but I thought to give extra evidance).
Appointment time: 10 am

Got into the PEO at 9 am. Done security checks etc. They confirmed my appointment at reception desk and gave me a number. Then a lady called my number to go to her desk where she checked the documents etc. Very friendly. She oked the documents and told me to pay my fees at different counter.

After Fees paid I have been told to wait for my number to call again. I have been called aroung 10:15 by another person (again very polite and friendly guy). My application was straight forward so there isnt much doubt at his end. I have given my documents and he told me to come in 1 and 1/2 hour.

I came back in 1 and 1/2 hour and another gentalman called my number aroung 12:00 said the visa have been approved from the date of expiry of my current visa. ( I applied 6 months in advance).

I left at 12:30.

- Visa will be issued from Visa expiry and not from the application.
- If your case is geniune and straight forward then there is nothing to worry about get your extenstion early to have piece of mind.
- Make sure you make things as transperent as possible in your application. I have declared my speeding offence and it didnt hurt a bit.

All the best and thanks to all very helpful people on this forum.

tomcat

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:01 am

Congrats Rohit and Tomcat.

Rohit - I guess you were lucky as I was into the similar situation as yours (though I entered UK 4 months late) and I specifically mentioned in the cover letter to grant me visa for another 4 months after 3years but I was granted only till 3 years (after the date my visa was expiring).

Tomcat - Yours was a quick one, which PEO centre did you apply?

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:21 am

Hello All,
I have my visa appointment due on 19th June at Croydon.
I have my hsmp visa expiring on 6th Aug 2009 and hsmp dependent visa for my wife.
I am planning to submit following docs acc to the guidance but plz confirm if anything more is required.

Payment: cash

-original passport

Qualifications: 30 points
-Evidence was previously provided with the initial HSMP application during HSMP approval
-Degree Certificate
-Degree academic transcripts

Previous earning: points 45
-Payslips
-12 months bank statements
-Letter from employer

Previous UK Experience: 5 points
-Payslips
-Letter from employer
-Offer letter

English Language Requirement: 10 points
-Previously satisfied the English Language requirement during HSMP approval
-Letter from uni
-IELTS certificate (but expired on may 2009 as its validity is 2 yrs)

Maintenance Funds: 10 points
-9 months different bank statements

Dependent application:
-Marriage certificate
-Main applicant's bank statements

Accommodation proofs:
-rent agreement, council bill, utility bills.

Could you please confirm above documents are enough?
Do you think any more document should be provided for wife's(dependent) application?

Thanks in advance.

dellfan

Post by dellfan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:41 am

Hello tomcat,
Congrats on the extension approval. Do you mind letting us know if HO has been in touch with your employee for the verification of your docs.

Regards

tomcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomcat » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:58 pm

ambitions_high wrote:Congrats Rohit and Tomcat.

Rohit - I guess you were lucky as I was into the similar situation as yours (though I entered UK 4 months late) and I specifically mentioned in the cover letter to grant me visa for another 4 months after 3years but I was granted only till 3 years (after the date my visa was expiring).

Tomcat - Yours was a quick one, which PEO centre did you apply?
It would happen to me as well if I was in similar boat. In my case they extend my visa from date of expiry of my initial HSMP (just like you).

I applied from Sheffield.

tomcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomcat » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:00 pm

dellfan wrote:Hello tomcat,
Congrats on the extension approval. Do you mind letting us know if HO has been in touch with your employee for the verification of your docs.

Regards
Unfortunately my employer would not disclose this information to me. but I have provided the details in form and in cover letter and also have informed my HR that they might receive a call..

tomcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomcat » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:05 pm

hsmp0804 wrote:Hello All,
I have my hsmp visa expiring on 6th Aug 2009 and hsmp dependent visa for my wife.
I am planning to submit following docs acc to the guidance but plz confirm if anything more is required.

-original passport
>>FINE

-Evidence was previously provided with the initial HSMP application during HSMP approval
-Degree Certificate
>>DONT NEED ANY EVIDANCE
-Payslips
-Letter from employer
>> FINE MAKE SURE THEY ARE ORIGNIAL AND FIGURES MATCHES(PAYSLIPS/LETTER WITH BANK STATEMETNS)
-Payslips
-Letter from employer
-Offer letter
> DONT NEED ANY DOCUMENTS. PREVIOUS EARMING DOCS WILL DO.
-Letter from uni
>> DONT NEED ANY DOC.

>> JUST NEED LAST 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENTS.

Dependent application:
-Marriage certificate
>> IF YOUR DEPENDENT ON DEPENDENT VISA ALREADY AND HAS YOUR NAME AS MIDDLE NAME AND SAME SURNAME AS YOU ON THE PASSPORT (E.G. WIFE) THEN DONT NEED ANY DOCUMENT. BUT DO CARRY MARRIAGE CERTI. AND ASK THE CASEWORKER IF YOU NEED TO SHOW IT.

Accommodation proofs:
> DONT NEED THOSE BUT CARRY THEM SAPERATELY

Do you think any more document should be provided for wife's(dependent) application?

Thanks in advance.
even I have mentioned that you dont need documents ... do carry with you in saperate file in case they ask.
YOU HAVE MORE THEN ENOUGH STUFF WITH YOU.
ALL THE BEST
TOMCAT

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Only croydon takes time,others looks swift,and do stamping by 12.00,if u have an appointment at 9.

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Thanks Tomcat.

So it looks like its only the Croydon HO takes a lot of time (almost a whole day) while rest of the HOs gives you visa in just 2-3 hours (provided all the docs are in proper place). I know guys who applied from Birmingham and Glasgow HOs (and now Sheffield) and got their visa stamped in less than 3 hours.

rkrohela
BANNED

Post by rkrohela » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:24 pm

I agree, Croydon takes much more time than the other PEO's. I guess I was indeed lucky with the extra 30 days!! Maybe it was just a shortfall of 3 days which helped, and I repeated the point several times in cover letter and in person to several people, maybe that helped too.
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:12 am

-original passport

-Degree Certificate

-Payslips
-Letter from employer

-Payslips
-Letter from employer
-Offer letter

-Letter from uni

Dependent application:
-Marriage certificate

Accommodation proofs:

Thanks in advance.
I think you will need name change certificate/deed poll for your dependant if she changed her name/surname after marriage.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tomcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomcat » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:02 am

No you dont. if the middle name on her passport is husband's namd and the surname is same as husband's surname then you dont need anything else.
push_hsmp wrote:

-original passport

-Degree Certificate

-Payslips
-Letter from employer

-Payslips
-Letter from employer
-Offer letter

-Letter from uni

Dependent application:
-Marriage certificate

Accommodation proofs:

Thanks in advance.
I think you will need name change certificate/deed poll for your dependant if she changed her name/surname after marriage.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:13 pm

No you dont. if the middle name on her passport is husband's namd and the surname is same as husband's surname then you dont need anything else.

push_hsmp wrote:

Thanks push_hsmp and tomcat for replying.
But my wife hasnt changed the name after marriage and her passport has only her first name(no surname)
So I just wrote her first name while filling the form and attached the marriage certificate.

I hope that should be fine and I wont need any more documents.
Any comments?

Shaikleeds
Newly Registered

Post by Shaikleeds » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi All,

Can any body tell that can we go for visa at PEO with out prior appointment. As I have to apply urgently in July 1st week and I did not get a appointment for at any PEO. Can you please share me information on this

Regards,
shaikleeds

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:27 pm

Shaikleeds wrote:Hi All,

Can any body tell that can we go for visa at PEO with out prior appointment. As I have to apply urgently in July 1st week and I did not get a appointment for at any PEO. Can you please share me information on this

Regards,
shaikleeds
Unfortunately not
regards,
push

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Regards,
shaikleeds
I have an appointment at Croydon for July 6th with one dependant. I will be cancelling this appointment in few days because I decided to post my application instead. So if you keep in touch, I will let you know the day I want to cancle and you can quickly grab the slot immediate. That means we both have to time both calls.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:09 pm

justice_will_reign wrote:

Regards,
shaikleeds
I have an appointment at Croydon for July 6th with one dependant. I will be cancelling this appointment in few days because I decided to post my application instead. So if you keep in touch, I will let you know the day I want to cancle and you can quickly grab the slot immediate. That means we both have to time both calls.
Thats predicated on the assumption that cancelled appointments are released immediately which might not be the case. The immigration consultants would have initially hogged all the places initially later to be conveniently cancelling the same and timing with their clients !! but by all means give it a try.
regards,
push

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:40 am

Hi All,
Thanks everyone for helping me out in this forum.
I had an appointment yesterday 19 June at Croydon for hsmp extension to tier-1 for me and my wife (dependent applicant) and I got the 3 yr visa from the date it was expiring.

The procedure was not very different as expected at Croydon
-10.00 AM appointment, reached there at 8.50 AM and long wait and got passport at 5.30 PM.
-Normal application checks, submitted all docs(I had submitted all the docs mentioned in the previous posts though those were not required)

Doubts issued:
-My wife's passport doesn’t have any surname. So I filled the form with only first name and the person handling the appointment was confused that how did my wife got her visa without having surname. Donno why she was surprised but finally after checking with her colleagues she said its fine.
-My statements to show funds maintenance evidence, CITIbank, shows both the current account and savings account transaction It shows like

current account {account no} 0.75 GBP
Savings account {account no} {enough amount} GBP

but the person handling my case considered the first account having 0.75GBP. she didnt understand there is another account also having more than sufficient funds. Fortunately I had submitted a printed (signed n stamped) also for 1st June to 16th June which also included last 4 months transaction because of just few transactions. And she considered that.
I also had to explain this to the person over there. And finally she understood and confirmed that she has taken the right amount.

Suggestion: I had highlighted the salary credit in my salary account but if your statement have two accounts transaction(current n savings)(as above case), highlight the account you want them to be considered.

Shaikleeds
Newly Registered

Post by Shaikleeds » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi justice_will_reign,

Thank you very much, Can you please email me your contact number to shaik.leeds@gmail.com. so that I can call you and will be in touch. Please help me in this regards, I have apply urgently in july first week. Once again kindly email me your contact.

kind Regards,
Khaleel.
justice_will_reign wrote:

Regards,
shaikleeds

sanak

New Born Visa

Post by sanak » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi Push_hsmp,

I need your advice , my friend had a son born in UK last year she did not applied for his visa since the ukba replied by email that if you are not taking your son out of country you need not apply for one and could include him in extension.
Now due to urgent issues in he need to go to India and hence want to get his dependent visa stamped as her visa validity is till December. I have follwing queries.

Can she apply for her son visa in person at PEO.
As she wants to apply for her extension only in August.

Push can you please reply, what are the documents required etc.And if any covering letter is available.

Thanks in Advance

Sana

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Hello,

I got my Teir 1 extension granted at Croydon PEO yesterday. I am thankful to the board and members for helping me out.

My experience was no different from other people. Although I would mention that that people dont bother filling and arranging documents in neat folders as you have to hand them over wothout the folder. That was a night wasted.

I have used my Company Accounts and Letter for accountant for previous account and HSBC NRE account for maintenance funds.

Thanks again and wish all others in the line the very best.

Cheers!

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:48 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:Hello,

I got my Teir 1 extension granted at Croydon PEO yesterday. I am thankful to the board and members for helping me out.

My experience was no different from other people. Although I would mention that that people dont bother filling and arranging documents in neat folders as you have to hand them over wothout the folder. That was a night wasted.

I have used my Company Accounts and Letter for accountant for previous account and HSBC NRE account for maintenance funds.

Thanks again and wish all others in the line the very best.

Cheers!
Congratulations...

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:40 pm

I also got visa stamped at croydon.
Finish by 3.00.
Any one need any help on dividend or ltd company issue can contact me.
Thanks especially for push and chetan.

mewmew
Newly Registered

Re: congrats bond!

Post by mewmew » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi Bonvivz,

I have a similar situation, I use only HSBC (and of course they refused to stamp or write any letter), my normal statement will be sent out on 7th each month and my appointment is 13th Aug, which is very risky for me to receive the latest statement on time. Can you please tell me which HSBC branch agreed to stamp (the teller's) for you? and how did you make they do it?

Sam
bonvivz wrote:
bond wrote:Hi ambitions_high

take a print out of online statements ask the bank to stamp and provide supporting letter stating that the are authnticating these statements and they are tru copies of customer transactions,

i have done the same, my appointment was on 5th of may, i did not had my original bank statements from december to april 30th i took colour printouts and asked the bank to stamp on every page and an authentication letter as well,

regards
bond
Hey bond,

Congrats bro!...

plz share your experience..., Im due for extension in june. Which bank is yours?.. damn I enquired the HSBC bank , those guys are not ready at all to endorse a single statement. However I managed to convince them for Bank statements on their letter head with a stamp (usually used by teller). they "We are strictly not authorized to authenticate/endorse any statement for any reasons".

regards,

bon

pankajmittal2004

Re: HSBC

Post by pankajmittal2004 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:27 am

If you call HSBC and tell them to issue an adhoc bank statement which you can collect from any of the branch they will deliver it to that branch near you in 3 working days. I am just telling my experience as I received original statement within 3 working days when requested.
PM2009