ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

possible wrong date on Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hardraj

possible wrong date on Tier 1 extension

Post by hardraj » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi - I am applying for a tier 1 extension - but I cant remember the details of when I began my course that awarded me the points for my HSMP (its over 4 years ago). I was wondering if this would cause a problem if I eneterd a date and it didnt match with what they had on record for my original application?

thanks

push
United Kingdom

Re: possible wrong date on Tier 1 extension

Post by push » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:47 pm

hardraj wrote:Hi - I am applying for a tier 1 extension - but I cant remember the details of when I began my course that awarded me the points for my HSMP (its over 4 years ago). I was wondering if this would cause a problem if I eneterd a date and it didnt match with what they had on record for my original application?

thanks
It shouldn't unless you are off by months/year. You may want to mention it in our cover letter - i.e. you are not sure about the starting and ending dates of your course but HO should use the ones provided earlier.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Vardhineni

Post by Vardhineni » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi,

I am on HSMP currently ( got in Nov 2007) and intend to apply for tier 1 extension very soon. In the previous hsmp application, i do not remember putting down the start date and end date for the qualification degree. If i remember correctly, it only asked date of attainment of degree. I think HO is asking for start date and end dates recently noly.

Can others please suggest. If the old hsmp app asked for start and end dates even i do not remember what i have put. I started my B-Tech sometime in July 1991 and ended in May/June 1995. Now the tier 1 extension is even asking for dates not just months and years. Who will remeber the exact day as well.

Can others who already applied please suggest.

Thanks
Pradeep

hardraj

Thanks guys

Post by hardraj » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Thanks guys -

@Pradeep - I think you will be ok - but if you are not sure apparently you can send a request to the Homeoffice to send you a copy of the data you need. It apparently takes around 40days - no good for me - but you may aswell check and see to cover all your bases.

Il let you know how my application proceeds - confirmation recived in one working day after post and the payment taken almost immediately - obviously they are keen on the cash.