ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FYI - New info on INIS website

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jakes_26
Newly Registered

FYI - New info on INIS website

Post by Jakes_26 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Information On Application Processing Times
The average time from application to decision is now at 23 months.

A significant number of applications are initially found to be invalid for a variety of reasons and these are now being dealt with and returned to the applicant within a week.

Poor application quality is a factor that affects processing times. Almost 10% of total resources available to the Citizenship Division are wasted on assessing poor quality applications, which have to be returned for further attention.
"There is a limit to the reduction in the processing time that can be achieved as applications for naturalisation must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure that it is not undervalued and is only given to persons who genuinely satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria.
Decisions on naturalisation are made by the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform at his absolute discretion. Applicants who do not commit to living in Ireland, applicants who have come to the adverse attention of An Garda Síochána or applicants who are a financial burden on the State are unlikely to be granted naturalisation.

The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in early 2008."

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:59 am

If you have reached reckonable period of 5 year, the decision have to be made in 6 months, not 23 months, plus more waiting.
The reason for this is so people can plan ahead and not hanging around waiting for decision. It is a bit unfair.
It is better to say the reckonable period is 7 years so people can decide at the begining to come to Ireland or elsewhere.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:22 pm

If there are so problems with bad applications then maybe their information isnt so clear and maybe rethink the application process.
I guess all us foreignors are just stupid.
I was talking to a solicitor and they were saying that even though you have no right to residency or citizenship that you do have a right to "good government" ie a reasonable timetable for processing time. Twenty three months is unreasonable by any means. I guess they are now trying to blame that long processing time on applicants rather than their refusal to committ more resources to processing. I dont think this would hold up in court.
I wonder if everyone got together and took this to court that has a strong case (ie no reason they would be refused their applications) it might set a precedent and change the processing times.