ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application timelines

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tech
Member of Standing

MN1 application timelines

Post by tech » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:42 pm

I have sent MN1 application forms through NCS 10 days ago. I haven't heard anything and no fee has been deducted. Can you anyone please share their timelines for gettting acknowledgement and approval ?

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:55 pm

I do not think opening a thread for this is really necessary. There is already existing one dealing with this:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=1620

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:41 pm

The link is mainly for those applying for naturalisation using AN form. Not for MN1 forms which are used for children

1963British

Post by 1963British » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:28 pm

It should hit any day. Have you called the enquiry phone line to see if it is showing in their system?

Approval should be very quick if it was straightforward.

The childs certificate will literally arrive by normal post and you will most likely think it is sales rubbish!!

So make sure you open all your mail as it is not going to come by certified or registered mail.

Original birth certificates and alike are returned by recorded mail, but they should not apply since you used NCS.

Just one day in a non-descript envelope that does not say UKBA or anything your certificate will show up.

Oh, it will probably arrived crinkled, folded and a horrid mess!!

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:15 am

Thanks for your reply. I have used NCS and they told One of my child need not go through registration process because he may be British by birth becasue Home office issued backdated letter for my ILR under HSMP JR and child was born after that date. I have requested them to either register the child or issue a letter confriming he is british already.

Is there a big difference registering a child by entitlement and citizen by birth ? Please let me know.

1963British

Post by 1963British » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:30 pm

tech wrote:Thanks for your reply. I have used NCS and they told One of my child need not go through registration process because he may be British by birth becasue Home office issued backdated letter for my ILR under HSMP JR and child was born after that date. I have requested them to either register the child or issue a letter confriming he is british already.

Is there a big difference registering a child by entitlement and citizen by birth ? Please let me know.
Wow is that slick for the second child!! There will be others affected like that.

Curious, did you submit applications for both children? The cost for two would not have been more than for one.

Because of that small extra cost, IMO I would want the Certificate of registration as that is prima facia evidence.

If you did not submit for the other child, you may wish to spend seventy five pounds and have the HO confirm in writing the child is a British Citizen.

Here is a link to the form and guides

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... onality/ns

In both scenarios, the child is British by "other than descent" so it does not matter. The children can grow up and have chidren born anywhere and your grandchildren will by British "by descent" if birth is out of the UK.

Your only matter is the paper work that proves it. Hence if you do end up with a Certificate of registration for both children that IMO is stronger evidence with nothing having to be proven in the future.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks for your reply. It is good to know that it doesn't really matter becasue both of them come under "Other than descent " categroy

I did send the MN1 form the child and wrote a letter requesting them to either register the child or issue a letter connfirming child is british.

Confirmation of British nationality status service is something meant for people claiming citizenship based on their parents or ancestor status. HSMP ILR JR review is fairly new and I was advised to go through Nationality application process by the NCS.

1963British

Post by 1963British » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:46 pm

tech wrote:Thanks for your reply. It is good to know that it doesn't really matter becasue both of them come under "Other than descent " categroy

I did send the MN1 form the child and wrote a letter requesting them to either register the child or issue a letter connfirming child is british.

Confirmation of British nationality status service is something meant for people claiming citizenship based on their parents or ancestor status. HSMP ILR JR review is fairly new and I was advised to go through Nationality application process by the NCS.
Please post your experience as a closing comment when it all is sorted out!!

Again remember, the Certificate will just show up in the mail looking like rubbish. I guess they do that for security.