ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Proof of Accomodation for Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hanhan0310
Newly Registered

UK Proof of Accomodation for Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Post by hanhan0310 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi guys,

I am now in the UK under Tier-1 G Visa for 3months and wanted to apply for my wife as tier-1 dependant, I'm having some issues with the following:

1. I'm living with my Aunt since I came to the UK and all utility bills was under her name, I'm just paying her monthly rent as agreed verbally but no written agreement or whatsoever. Is there a way of getting a letter from her as my landlady? what sort of format will I follow?

2. Can I include in my cover letter that I'm living with my aunt and need to rent a separate flat when my wife joins me.

3. Can I used a hotel booking(for both of us) say for 2 weeks for my wife application and state in the cover letter that we will look for accomodation when she gets here in the UK.

4. Pls share some insights as I am really desperate in providing the accommodation proof.

Experienced member, pls do chip in. Really appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

/Ron (hanhan)

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:46 am

Believe me, as far as my experience goes, none of them works for you.
You have to rent a flat before your wife could join you, you can show the Tenancy Agreement which could start at a later date before your wife really joins you, that gives the HO enough evidence that you already have setup an accomodation, but only you have not moved into it yet.
- Ramgsk

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:53 am

Hi,
Is your Aunt is also the owner of the house you are currently staying at. If she is not, then she can't issue a letter. If she gives a letter, it will be rejected by BHC as herself is tenant.

If you Aunt is also the owner of the house, and if the house is big enough to accomodate you and your wife, then a letter from your Aunt will work. You should be having a separate double bed room for you and your wife. According to Overcrowding rule, for every double bed room, two adults and 1 child below 1 year can stay.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:03 pm

Letter from your aunt would work. Immigration Officer may call your aunt to verify that your wife will staying in her home(when you wife enters country).
If you can get tenancy agreement that would be wonderfull as you are anyway paying rent.

hanhan0310
Newly Registered

Post by hanhan0310 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Guys, thank you for your inputs. really appreciate it.

ganeshptrk, My aunt is the owner of the house, I have a separate single bed room which is big enough and can be converted into double bed room.
I would define "owner of the house" as she's a 60+ pensioner having a house given by the council which she pays a small amount. :) not really sure if its monthly or yearly.dont know much about the law on this.

So a letter from my aunt? and/or tenacy agreement will come from the council/estate agent? pls correct me if im wrong. Sorry but a bit confused with this.

However, as ramgsk and chetanojha suggests, I would try to look for flat and get tenacy agreement. Does anyone knows how long this whole process takes? Any good letting agencies or estate agents you may have in mind. Would be glad to have them.

Thank you.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:41 pm

hanhan0310 wrote:
However, as ramgsk and chetanojha suggests, I would try to look for flat and get tenacy agreement. Does anyone knows how long this whole process takes? Any good letting agencies or estate agents you may have in mind. Would be glad to have them.

Thank you.
This process mainly depends on how quick u will be able to choose a house.. once you choose a house, rent agreed it just takes 1week-10days MAX.. once advance payment done ..

good estate agents.. depends on the area you are living... to start with go to...

www.rightmove.co.uk

goodluck

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:54 pm

hanhan0310 wrote:Guys, thank you for your inputs. really appreciate it.

ganeshptrk, My aunt is the owner of the house, I have a separate single bed room which is big enough and can be converted into double bed room.
I would define "owner of the house" as she's a 60+ pensioner having a house given by the council which she pays a small amount. :) not really sure if its monthly or yearly.dont know much about the law on this.

So a letter from my aunt? and/or tenacy agreement will come from the council/estate agent? pls correct me if im wrong. Sorry but a bit confused with this.

Thank you.
My opinion: If she is on housing benefit (seems to be the case as she is living in council provided acco) she cant legally enter into a sub-letting arrangement and council- definitely not!!
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:45 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
hanhan0310 wrote:Guys, thank you for your inputs. really appreciate it.

Thank you.
My opinion: If she is on housing benefit (seems to be the case as she is living in council provided acco) she cant legally enter into a sub-letting arrangement and council- definitely not!!
Further to what push said, you'd need permission from the council as they usually stipulate how many people can live there and not your aunt. You'd need that permission in writing. Any letter that your aunt gives would be ignored as she is not the owner of the house.

I'd also be wary as if the council don't know about you living there then you and your aunt could get into a lot of trouble if they find out.

hanhan0310
Newly Registered

Post by hanhan0310 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:05 am

Thank you for all your comments!

Well, the first verbal agreement was to stay here for the meantime and then later on to find a flat/house when I get settled. Now that I got a job, planning to bring my wife here, its time to move forward. I don't want any trouble for me and for my aunt so I guess that option is absolutely not possible.

At least now, I am enlighten and made into decision to look at least studio flat for both of us.

Hope my case can help others as well.

Again thank you for your support.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:29 am

hanhan0310 wrote:Thank you for all your comments!

Well, the first verbal agreement was to stay here for the meantime and then later on to find a flat/house when I get settled. Now that I got a job, planning to bring my wife here, its time to move forward. I don't want any trouble for me and for my aunt so I guess that option is absolutely not possible.

At least now, I am enlighten and made into decision to look at least studio flat for both of us.

Hope my case can help others as well.

Again thank you for your support.
In my opinion it would be advisable for you to move off asap as you might be seen as availing public funds indirectly (though you paid to your Aunt). Time to take immediate action, I guess. Dont get too alrmed by my opinion as I am ultra-conservative when it comes to VISA issues.
regards,
push

sdk07
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant accomodation proof

Post by sdk07 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply Tier 1 dependant visa for my wife and kid in India atleast by next week. Please confirm whether I can provide the following evidence for UK accomodation proof.

1. Tenancy agreement started from June 15,2009.

2. British Gas welcome letter with my full name, new address and utility account number. -- as I have just moved to a new house...

Is that sufficient enough to prove or do I need to wait for utility bill or council tax bill which will take atleast a month's time to get it...

Pls.reply.

Regards,

sdk07.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Dependant accomodation proof

Post by push » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:13 pm

sdk07 wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply Tier 1 dependant visa for my wife and kid in India atleast by next week. Please confirm whether I can provide the following evidence for UK accomodation proof.

1. Tenancy agreement started from June 15,2009.

2. British Gas welcome letter with my full name, new address and utility account number. -- as I have just moved to a new house...

Is that sufficient enough to prove or do I need to wait for utility bill or council tax bill which will take atleast a month's time to get it...

Pls.reply.

Regards,

sdk07.
Looks more than sufficient
regards,
push

sdk07
Newly Registered

Post by sdk07 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:20 pm

Thankyou Push for a quick reply. That was really helpful.

Kind regards,

sdk07.