ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help re bank statements for visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t_kaay

help re bank statements for visa application

Post by t_kaay » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:56 pm

I am currently in the process of preparing documents in order to sponsor my sister in law to visit the UK on a visitors visa. I have a slight worry which I would be grateful for some advice/reassurance. Firstly, I would like to point out that we have recently sponsored my parents in law to visit us and they have both returned home after their visit.

Now this is my problem: On looking at my past six bank statements, a couple of recent ones show me using my overdraft. The reason for this is a combination of the kids being at home over the holiday period, a change of bank and unexpected travel expenses due to an ill Grandmother. I am worried this will result in refusal as I read someones entry somewhere on the message board that their application was refused on several grounds, one being the overdraft situation. I can supply a full years worth of statements which would show a more realistic and better picture. This would then include the statements that were used for my parents in law visit, which were obviously acceptable. I also have an ISA savings account with a balance of £4000 and shares which can be cashed immediately of the value of approx £6500. My last two years income is £40,000 each year, shown by a letter from employers and P60's.

My only worry is the overdraft and as I mentioned, a bit of advice or reassurance is needed. Should I write a note to the ECO to explain or just submit and trust it will be ok??

Thanks for your help.

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:01 pm

you may as well write the note and also sumbit the years worth of statements, better you tell him than give him less info for him to make a decision on.

also john/kayalami if you reading this, is there a minimum amount you should have in the bank? I am planning on going on holiday with my wife and mum back to india for a month ( to perform some ceremony for good luck in married life ) and this will use up all 5000 i have saved :( ,I am wondering if this will affect her application for ILR/FLR/LTR (im not sure which) in 2 years time.

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:50 pm

Your sis in law is also required to show her own bank statements for last 6 months.