ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help on Banks and Conversion Rate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amit_cris
Newly Registered

Need help on Banks and Conversion Rate

Post by amit_cris » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi ,

I am applying for Tier1 on last week of June. Couples of doubts , I will appreciate if senior members can provide their comments.

1) DO we need to provide contact details of some competent authority
of bank where my salary got credited, as part of previous income section.

I was told that they may contact the bank to confirm any piece of information i have provided if they feel so ( But not mandatory) .

2) Do we need to attach our detailed CV as well with Tier1 Application.

3) How they calculate the exact amount ( support INR X ) , that maintenance funds should never be less than that particular amount in last three months, not even a single day.

PBS Guidence note say - " The exchange rate of overseas currency will be made using the ONADA rate conversion on the date of application"

Is it True or some other parameter to reach to this figure

Waiting for some valuable comments.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Need help on Banks and Conversion Rate

Post by push » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:04 pm

amit_cris wrote:1) DO we need to provide contact details of some competent authority of bank where my salary got credited, as part of previous income section.
spk to the bank officials and see if anyone would be happy to provide verification info, if need be - provide contact details of the person.
amit_cris wrote:2) Do we need to attach our detailed CV as well with Tier1 Application.
No
amit_cris wrote:3) How they calculate the exact amount ( support INR X ) , that maintenance funds should never be less than that particular amount in last three months, not even a single day.

PBS Guidence note say - " The exchange rate of overseas currency will be made using the ONADA rate conversion on the date of application"
Thats what they do. They will pick the lowest balance during the 3 month period and use the conversion rate (as on application day) and see if the converted amount is above the minimum required
Last edited by push on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:09 pm

Give the relevant contact details for your bank. In my case they did try to contact the bank

amit_cris
Newly Registered

Post by amit_cris » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:27 am

Thanks for quick reply.

I have my salary account with Citibank and they DO NOT entertain any such call for security reasons , however at my request they issued me a letter on Citibank letter head duly stamped , confirming that this is my salary account , acount number and withdrwal balance on particular day etc.

Will this letter serve the purpose ?

Amit

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:11 am

amit_cris wrote:Thanks for quick reply.

I have my salary account with Citibank and they DO NOT entertain any such call for security reasons , however at my request they issued me a letter on Citibank letter head duly stamped , confirming that this is my salary account , acount number and withdrwal balance on particular day etc.

Will this letter serve the purpose ?

Amit
Yes it should but the HO might still want to contact the Bank - its their complete discretion. Some people provide a letter to their Bank indemnifying them for disclosing information requested by HO. Banks ususally oblige then.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer