ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick Question About Traveling Together

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoConfused84
Newly Registered

Quick Question About Traveling Together

Post by SoConfused84 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:52 am

Hi,

I am a U.S. citizen (with a two year leave to remain in UK currently), my husband is a U.K. citizen.

We will be traveling together in August to see my family in the U.S. (Alabama!) and we were wondering if which line to go through at boder control.

I have read before that since we are married we can go through the U.S. residents line together, but just want to confirm that really and see what other people's experiences are.

This is our FIRST TIME traveling together on a plane. So we are excited.

Also....I have been in the U.K for one year now, and was wondering if that would mean I get questioned a bit more on arrival to the U.S.?

Thanks for any and all help....

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: Quick Question About Traveling Together

Post by Marco 72 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:20 pm

My wife (USC) and I are normally allowed to go through the US line together. They have people in front of the lines and you should ask them where to go. As a family you have to go through the same line, and this normally turns out to be the USC/LPR one.

USC aren't normally questioned when entering the US, even when travelling with their spouses.