ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching - WorkPermit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kammy
Newly Registered

Switching - WorkPermit

Post by kammy » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:01 pm

Hello!

I came to UK 2 and half years ago on a student visa and graduated with MASTERS degree. Towards the end of the course and visa, I applied for extension (by filling the extension of student visa form) on the basis that I was required for the graduation ceremony,etc. which was granted with a note saying 'no recourse to public funds' and 'no work or engaging in business'

Does this mean my Status from Student was changed to Visitor - Nothing on the Visa mentions about my status being vistior or student. It says Residence Permit and the type of Permit - Litmited Leave to Remain.

During the period of my stay, I found work for which workpermit has been granted but 'further leave to Remain' has been refused saying I am a visitor.

I don't know if I have any strong ground to appeal against the decision on the basis that visa issued to me does not say that I am a visitor and that I entered the country as a student and have obtained higher degree.

Can one return back to native country to get visa on the basis of the workpermit which has already been granted as Appeal is going to take ages.

Seeks advise/suggestions/comments. Very much appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Cheers.

steve567
Newly Registered

Post by steve567 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:54 am

According to my knowledge, our people usually go back and apply wp from back home. It is much easier than doing appealing in the UK

kammy
Newly Registered

Post by kammy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:49 am

Thanks for your message.
If one returns back to the native country does one have to apply for the work permit again or the work permit issued by the incountry team would be valid within the time given by them to apply for visa at the British high commission.

What are the complications of Appeal? Anyone.

Thanks once again.

Cheers!

don67
Newly Registered

Post by don67 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:28 pm

What are the complications of Appeal? Anyone
Well, you may finish in 3 months duratuon. But you may need to wait for more than 1 year . These are my knowledge. I would like to advise you to check with others.