ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which statment!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jibso_00
Newly Registered

which statment!!!!!!

Post by jibso_00 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:51 pm

hi everybody, i am gonna send an overseas bank letter saying i had enough funds all last year. the question is now do i still have to send my UK bank statement or overases would be enough.? my uk account mone dropped less than 800 pounds some times. i dont want them make any problem if i send both?

and on the application form which one should i choose> it is a bank.

.Building society pass book covering a three month period
2. Personal bank or building society statements covering a three month period
3. Letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Services
Authority or by the appropriate home regulator, confirming funds and
covering a three month period.
4.Letter from a bank or building society confirming funds and that they have been
in bank for at least three months

3 or 4???

please help.

sban

Post by sban » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:54 am

You should definitely show both accounts, the more funds the better. In the covering letter make sure you mention you are sending statements for two banks and include the bank name and account number for each to avoid confusion. Also, for the overseas bank try to get a letter from branch manager stating that you are the primary/joint account holder and if possible give the GBP equivalent of your bank balance as well.

jibso_00
Newly Registered

bank account

Post by jibso_00 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:12 pm

thank you for the reply.

i have a letter from my overseaes bank saying i have a joint account , and money hasnt been fall down since september 2008 to today. i have the account number and my name on it. i will definetly send this letter.thats 1 letter.

secondly should i still send my uk account ,because the first one covers last three months>do i have to send my uk account. ( if i send it i can only send for 1 month statement, if i send last 3 months they would see i had less than 800 pounds sometimes. -if i send last month statement money was over 800 ppunds) thats why i am so confused.

and which options i will choose for the firs letter. home regulatory body or last option

sban

Re: bank account

Post by sban » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:15 pm

jibso_00 wrote:thank you for the reply.

i have a letter from my overseaes bank saying i have a joint account , and money hasnt been fall down since september 2008 to today. i have the account number and my name on it. i will definetly send this letter.thats 1 letter.

secondly should i still send my uk account ,because the first one covers last three months>do i have to send my uk account. ( if i send it i can only send for 1 month statement, if i send last 3 months they would see i had less than 800 pounds sometimes. -if i send last month statement money was over 800 ppunds) thats why i am so confused.

and which options i will choose for the firs letter. home regulatory body or last option
Okay i'll try explaining as clearly as possible. According to the rules you can combine two or more accounts (including overseas) to show you had 800 pounds in past three months. It doesn't matter if only your UK account falls short as long as the combined balance is over 800. Therefore you should include statements of your UK account and overseas account to show a combined balance of last three months. I hope along with the letter from your overseas bank you are including statements from that account as well. And most importantly, clearly explain what all you are sending in your covering letter - i.e UK bank account statements for past three months, letter and statement for past three months from overseas account etc.

As for options, if you are sending overseas account statements, choose "Personal bank or building society statements covering a three month period". If you are sending only letter from overseas account, choose "Letter from a bank or building society confirming funds and that they have been in bank for at least three months".

jibso_00
Newly Registered

Post by jibso_00 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:03 am

thank you for the detailed answer. sorry if asked the same question over and over. i just want to be clear as it is really important:(

i will send my overseas account which shows i had more than 800 pounds from more than 3 months. thats fine i will definetly send this. even only with this letter i should get 10 points.

i want to send my UK account statement for last month,this is just to show them even moremoney i have now. but i dont want them to say that i should have send last three months statement for my uk account as well.

so just one month would be enough, because i have aldready the letter from the overseas account. or shoul i just send the overseas letter to avoid confussing. the only reason i am sending the UK acoount is to show them i can maintain myself easily.

thank you in advance, i will send my documentd on tuesday.

sban

Post by sban » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:40 pm

jibso_00 wrote:thank you for the detailed answer. sorry if asked the same question over and over. i just want to be clear as it is really important:(

i will send my overseas account which shows i had more than 800 pounds from more than 3 months. thats fine i will definetly send this. even only with this letter i should get 10 points.

i want to send my UK account statement for last month,this is just to show them even moremoney i have now. but i dont want them to say that i should have send last three months statement for my uk account as well.

so just one month would be enough, because i have aldready the letter from the overseas account. or shoul i just send the overseas letter to avoid confussing. the only reason i am sending the UK acoount is to show them i can maintain myself easily.

thank you in advance, i will send my documentd on tuesday.
Of course it is important which is why I took the time to explain as clearly and in as much detail as possible twice. Sorry, really can't be clearer than that.