ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

romanian residency card

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alphcruz
Newly Registered

romanian residency card

Post by alphcruz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:02 am

Hello people,

can someone ,kindly tell me how long it takes to issue a romanian residency card for a spouse to a romanian citizen .what documents are required and how much does it cost.I will greatly appreciate your answers.

I am recently married to a romanian citizen and would like to know this.

Thanks

charles4u
Member of Standing

Re: romanian residency card

Post by charles4u » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:12 am

alphcruz wrote:Hello people,

can someone ,kindly tell me how long it takes to issue a romanian residency card for a spouse to a romanian citizen .what documents are required and how much does it cost.I will greatly appreciate your answers.

I am recently married to a romanian citizen and would like to know this.

Thanks
Well nothing much, u go to the immigration office in your city and put in the following documents.

1. Your marriage certificate
2. Your passport and your wife's ID or passport.
3. 400lei (extenssion fee, cus you dont want to go back after ur visiting visa expires).
4. Medical insurance (which you can do at any medical office).
5. National insurance (either your working or not).
6. 100 lei (The application fee but I am not sure of this amount...I have forgtotten).

After putting all this papers, then they will give you a date for interview and after the interview they will do some visiting to your address to verify. Your "residence card as a family member" should be issued latest in 2 months but If you need any help....just message here.

La revedere!!!
Charles4u

alphcruz
Newly Registered

thanks charles

Post by alphcruz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:48 pm

thanks very much for the prompt reply,i left romanian after our marriage to apply for a long stay visa and in the long stay visa i asked for two months long stay visa and would soon go back to romania.now i am kinda worried the two months visa could be over before i actually get the residence card.

once again thanks very much for ur answer.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Re: thanks charles

Post by charles4u » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:59 pm

alphcruz wrote:thanks very much for the prompt reply,i left romanian after our marriage to apply for a long stay visa and in the long stay visa i asked for two months long stay visa and would soon go back to romania.now i am kinda worried the two months visa could be over before i actually get the residence card.

once again thanks very much for ur answer.
First...you shouldnt have left (waste of money), this was the option they told me at the immigration office and the extenssion fee I mentioned above (400lei).

1. Go back to re-apply for long stay visa
2. Stay in Romania and pay 400lei for extenssion

Once you applied for the residence permit and your papers are fine, I am sure you dont have problem even if your visa expires.

My first visa to Romania was 65 days (visiting) which is even more than 2 months, in your case as a family member...you should have applied for 3 months visa but anyway there is still no problem, once you arrive in Romania just put the application for your residence permit immediately.
Last edited by charles4u on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Charles4u

charles4u
Member of Standing

Re: thanks charles

Post by charles4u » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Posted twice...
Charles4u