ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BHC Islamabad vs. Islamabad OC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FARIDjan

HI KAMRAN

Post by FARIDjan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:10 pm

I SUBMITTED MY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION ON 15 MAY 2009 IN IBH, BUT STILL SHOWS FORWARDED TO BHC ON, I DONT KNOW HOW LONG MORE IT WILL TAKE.

kamran85

Post by kamran85 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:40 pm

I dont understand thier policy....

My Friend submitted on 24 April and He received reply on 11th May (this was refused by the way).

I think there has been some major delays after 11th MAy.

@@@FARIDjan

Do let me know me know once your's announced So mine will be 10 lates... But my wife submitted from Mirpur may be that is diffrence.

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:57 pm

@FARIDjan

Does it say "FORWARDED TO BHC ON" or "FORWARDED TO ISLAMABAD OC ON", because both of them are different. Does anyone know the TRUE difference?

My wife submitted SETTLEMENT Visa Appl. in Lahore and the online status has said "Forwarded to ISB OC on" since the very start (9th June). but it shows no date?

Does this mean it is in processing? Does Anyone know?

FARIDjan

RIZZY

Post by FARIDjan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:08 am

IT SAYS ''FORWARDED TO ISLAMABAD OC ON'' BUT I DONT KNOW THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THEM.

jonny2006
Newly Registered

Post by jonny2006 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:11 pm

I am really worried. I called visa centre in Islamabad, they told my wife application is sent to Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi people says, we can not locate your application.
I dodn,t know what to do?
Once again application is for my wife. EEA FAMILY PERMIT
I sent emails to british high commission in Islamabad abu dhabi.
No ANSWER from them!!! frustrated
:? :? :? :?

kamran85

Post by kamran85 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:20 pm

I have learnt so far that all settlement visas stay in Islamabad and are not forwarded to Abu Dhabi....

The customer service is completely rubish... No answer for phone calls and No reply to email.

The amount of fees they are charging is too much and in return we do not get the proper service.

We all need to complain about this

Applied:- 25th May 2009
Type :- Settlement
Application date 5/25/2009 9:12:01 AM
Status Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on

abey1
Newly Registered

Post by abey1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:23 am

PBS Tier 1 dependent visa
applied on 29/05/09
VAC Karachi
Passport collected with visa on 16/06/09

Post by 2036789 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:55 am

kamran pls keep me updated on what is happening with your visa and when you get yours my status is

date submitted: 6th june
type: dependent

the status does not make no sense "on" .....
MM

jonny2006
Newly Registered

Post by jonny2006 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:59 am

How, there is NO delay for this abey1 guy, who applied in Khi vac??????
Kamran, I have complained over the Phone(noy good enough). We need to complain in writing. I will do. Maybe, it will help other people in the future to get a proper service, they deserve.

kamran85

Post by kamran85 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Lekin uss ka depedent visa hai

We need to See Visa type our is Settlement Spouse...

Doosra... Application Centre per bhi depend kerta hai.

jonny2006
Newly Registered

Post by jonny2006 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:21 pm

hi,
any new news guys???

kamran85

Post by kamran85 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:30 pm

No man... Feel like crying now :( :( :(

jonny2006
Newly Registered

Post by jonny2006 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:15 am

I know man, it is just tough. Keep busy
I think, it is the best way.
last week, it got really hard, Every morning i wkae up.
i think visa hahahahah
I hopw, after all this wait and agony, we will be happy at
last. take care

Irritated Sponsor
Newly Registered

Post by Irritated Sponsor » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:52 pm

Hello all

been looking at the boards to see if anyone has the same situation as me. Like Kamran, my wife applied from Mirpur aswell, on the 26th of May. When my wife applied, a friend of mne told me that the visa is normally given in 3 weeks. So I thought I'll email the and find out. Sorry guys the response wasn't to positive. This is the reply I got;

From: UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk [mailto:UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk]
Sent: 23 June 2009 13:03
To: ************
Subject: RE: QML/******/******/*

Dear *******

Information that was given to you by your friend is wrong a whole process for a settlement visa is 12 weeks because of the volume of applications it could take longer.

Regards

UKHUB Pakistan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 18 June 2009 14:40
To: UKHUB - PAKISTAN General Enquiries (Conf)
Subject: QML/******/******/*

Dear Sirs

My wife applied for a settlement visa on 26/05/2009 at the Gerrys centre in Mirpur, Pakistan. I have been checking the online status for her application. Since last week her status has been "Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on" and gives no date. As I do not have much knowledge of the Visa process, I was wondering what this status meant and if the application had been received even though no date is given.

Would it also be possible to inform me roughly how long it takes to reach a decision on a settlement visa at this moment in time. I was told by a friend that a decision can be reached within 21 days and was wondering if this was correct.

My wife's application number is QML/******/******/*, and her date of birth is **/**/****.

Many thanks

Unforetunately looks like there is a long wait at the moment. I have emailed them back to ask when the process begins, from the date the application is submitted, or from the date a appointment is requesed at the Gerry's centre. Also to ask what the deal is with no date given on the status. I will let you guys know when I get a reply Insha'Allah. Keep me updated to if you get any news

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:15 pm

Salaam Irritated Sponsor - (gotta love that name!)

I am also in the same position as you and Kamran. Plz do let us know the outcome of the second email you sent them. Inshallah, hope they speed things up!

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:04 pm

hello

I just thought I'd share my story with all of you.

It has been 70 working days till this day since i applied on the 9th March from karachi for UK spouce visa. I still have not received any reply.

The Visa processing people made a mistake on their part and they did my fingerprints wrong. So in late april (after 30 working days from 9th March) i get a call from gerrys to come and have my finger prints do again. For this I get an appointment on 5th May to come and resubmit my application again due to the finger prints wrong (THEIR FAULT!!). I now have got a new tracking number since 5th May. I think the idiots are going to take the full 12 weeks which is 60 working days. So im hoping i should hear the results of my visa around near the end of July when full 60 working days would have passed since 5th May when I had to reapply again....so total i would have waited by then around are 90 working days!

So if the pain of waiting for spouce visa that anyone knows....its me... :(

By the way my hubby is a fully settled uk citizen doing full time engineering job in UK.

D_W

aisha79
Newly Registered

Visitor Appeal case

Post by aisha79 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi how r u all? Got a question if anybody can help me please?

My mother-in-law handed her passport in on the 8th may 09 (this was when the appeal was allowed) for a visitor visa to uk.
We av been waiting almost 2mths now and so far nothin bin done. When i call them, Gerry's says it is in "short proceedings" and its an indefinate time for appeal cases.

Has anyone bin same situation and if so how long did u wait???

Thank You

london2009
Newly Registered

Post by london2009 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:43 pm

I have applied for a dependant visa in Pakistan and Gerry's Fedex received my visa application from BHC (visa process 6 weeks) from last 6 days.I have called the Gerry's office 10 times that when I will collected my application.They told me that they will call me.It is an almost more than 1 week but still no response from Gerry's Fedex.Please reply to my message what it means?Why they hold my application?If they refuse my application I will also lost my review chance.Please reply...

m_z

Post by m_z » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:58 pm

hi there,
don't have much experience myself but i think u r better of calling the gerry's office and tell them that if u dont get ur passport back u will lose ur chance for review, by the way which center did u apply from???????

london2009
Newly Registered

Post by london2009 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Islamabad VAC .I called them 10 times but they said me that you will have to wait for the call...If some one has the same case experience please share..What I can do?I cannot go without appointment or call ...coz they will not allow me...

m_z

Post by m_z » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:55 am

ok but how about the online status dose it say application/passport ready for collection? if it dose then u should talk to the manager and tell him/her that my status has changed from last so many days i am sure they will ask u to come in and pick it up.......

london2009
Newly Registered

Post by london2009 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:47 pm

I have called them alot but they just tell me that I have to wait..I will call tomorrow and let see what will happen next...If someone has same problem..I mean status show that ready for collection but Gerry's not call them for more than 9days what it means...it means refuse or accept?Please reply with suggestions.I really appreciate this...

lahore_guy
Newly Registered

just go and collect your password

Post by lahore_guy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:15 pm

london2009 wrote:I have called them alot but they just tell me that I have to wait..I will call tomorrow and let see what will happen next...If someone has same problem..I mean status show that ready for collection but Gerry's not call them for more than 9days what it means...it means refuse or accept?Please reply with suggestions.I really appreciate this...
@london2009
the best solution is that u just go down to the vac and tell them that u received the call and u are here to collect your passport. Many people had tried this way and 99% of them got there passport.
these vac guys just play with emotions.... so dont worry saying a little lie to get a relief. wish u best of luck

london2009
Newly Registered

Post by london2009 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Thanks! Have you any idea why they are doing this??They do it with all applications or selected cases..I am living in DGKhan.It is too far from me if I go there and they will not allow me to give back my documents..Please give me some good suggestions if you have same experience..

lahore_guy
Newly Registered

Post by lahore_guy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:52 pm

london2009 wrote:Thanks! Have you any idea why they are doing this??They do it with all applications or selected cases..I am living in DGKhan.It is too far from me if I go there and they will not allow me to give back my documents..Please give me some good suggestions if you have same experience..
if you have any relative in lahore ask him togo to the vac center and collect your passport. i know few friends who's passport were collected by their relatives. but i guess u have to send them the receipt and your id card and a letter of authority. i hope this will help.