ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO kept passport and requested additional docs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

John_g
Newly Registered

PEO kept passport and requested additional docs

Post by John_g » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm hoping someone can help out me or give me an idea what my next step is.

I orginally applied for ILR in person at the Croydon PEO back on 14th April. I was applying for ILR on 4yrs WP + 1yr HSMP. Despite confirming the documents required over the phone prior to the appointment I was asked at the interview to provide additional payslips for the whole year spent on HSMP and P60 for the 08/09 tax year. I had provided 4 years worth of P60's and the last 3 months worth of payslips, including March which has the same information as the P60.

The case worker said all my other documents were in order and she just needed to see these additional payslips and P60 for this year. I believe from what I've read caseworker guidance my have changed since booking the appointment and attending the interview.
Anyway, I sent all the requested documents via special delivery on the 22nd April using the supplied address label. Since then I've heard nothing. I've tried calling the enquiry line but all I get is that they can't tell me anything till 14 weeks have past. I sent a recorded letter addressed to the caseworker 2 weeks ago asking for an update and requesting my application be fast tracked. I've not had any reply. I'm getting kind of desperate as the whole reason I did an in person application at the PEO is so that I didn't have to leave my passport and be without it for months. There has been a couple of occasions where I've needed to have my passport, including a job interview.

My questions are:

-Does it now mean that my application will be treated as a postal application subject to the same time frames?

-Do I have any grounds for a complaint? Is it worth even registering one, or do I have to wait out the 14 weeks before making one?

-What options do I have to try and fast track the application, or even just find out where its at?

John

Sten

Re: PEO kept passport and requested additional docs

Post by Sten » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:46 pm

The deadline for P60s is the 31st of May, how could she request it as a mandatory document on the 14th of April ?

p.s. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/
Good luck !

John_g
Newly Registered

Post by John_g » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Yes, I know I queried that. I ended up supplying a 'statement of earnings' from my payroll dept for the 08/09 tax year which contained the same info as a P60. I was told that would be aceptable instead of the P60. I still don't know why she even asked for one when the march payslip contained the same information as the P60 and like you say I couldn't produce one.

Thanks for the info.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:11 pm

This is ridiculous, i was under impression till now that Perm. employees ILR case is very straight forward. Now I feel this is something to do with Croyond specficially. So its always better to get appointment at any Non-Croydon PEO.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:46 am

It seems to me (Not only from this post but from other posts on this forum) that when one moved from WP to HSMP and applied for ILR, all payslips and bank statements (for the period spent on HSMP/Tier 1) are required.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:46 am

Please correct me if I am wrong.

John_g
Newly Registered

Post by John_g » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Yes, from my experience you need all your payslips from the period spent on HSMP. I ended up supplying 14 months worth.

Its a hard lesson, but one I learned the hard way - if you are applying in person take everything (all P60's, payslips and bank statements for the whole HSMP period) to the appointment.

From what I can gather, it looks like now my application will be treated as a postal application with the accompanying 14 week time frame.