ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under HSMP JR (by POST) successful - 2 weeks

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

troyguy21

ILR under HSMP JR (by POST) successful - 2 weeks

Post by troyguy21 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:38 am

Category: HSMP/Tier1
Entry to UK: Sept 2004 (1 year HSMP Visa)
First Extension: July 2005 (FLR for 3 years)
Second Extension: July 2008 (FLR for another 3 years)
==========================================

ILR Application (2 weeks to process)
Postal Date: Thur 28/05/2009
Fees deducted: Fri 29/05/2009
Acknowledgement Letter: Mon 01/06/2009, dated Sat 30/05/2009
Passports/Docs Returned: Sat 13/06/2009, dated Thur 11/06/2009

Days Absent since migrated to the UK: ZERO

Documents sent
a. Letter from Employer
b. 3 Months Payslips
c. 3 Months Bank Statements
d. 2008/2009 P60
4. Child's Birth Certificate

extra Documents Returned
1. Separate Letters for me and each dependant to confirm we had been due to ILR since Sept 2008 (last year)
2. Separate Letters to each to confirm application is successful
3. LEAFLETs for me and dependant

Traffic Offence (Speeding), £60/3 points - I did NOT declare this in my application. Homeoffice guidance states that I do not have to.

I attached each month's payslip to correspoding month's bank statement. I also highlighted the Salary on Payslip and on Bank Statement perhaps to make the job easier for them to spot how salary is being paid into account.

The 2008/2009 P60 covers the economic activities for the period since the last FLR extension (July 2008).

This forum has been really helpful and I wish everyone a successful application.

If you need any further clarification, please be free to ask

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:59 am

thank you for sharing your details and in particular the 2 week timeframe - great to know.

Re: ILR under HSMP JR (by POST) successful - 2 weeks

Post by 9588 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:23 pm

troyguy21 wrote:Category: HSMP/Tier1

Documents sent
a. Letter from Employer
b. 3 Months Payslips
d. 2008/2009 P60

extra Documents Returned
1. Separate Letters for me and each dependant to confirm we had been due to ILR since Sept 2008 (last year)

Traffic Offence (Speeding), £60/3 points - I did NOT declare this in my application. Homeoffice guidance states that I do not have to.

I attached each month's payslip to correspoding month's bank statement. I also highlighted the Salary on Payslip and on Bank Statement perhaps to make the job easier for them to spot how salary is being paid into account.

The 2008/2009 P60 covers the economic activities for the period since the last FLR extension (July 2008).

This forum has been really helpful and I wish everyone a successful application.

congratualtion
and thanks for sharing your experience....
futher to your application, can i ask you some more things?
1. did you take that 'life in uk; test?
2. how much in total did it cost you?
3. how come did you have to extend your flr twice?
thanks ......

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:55 pm

1. HSMP JR does not require "Life in the UK" test.
2. The total fee will vary depends on number of dependants
3. Like I explain earlier, I have been on 1 (HSMP Visa) +3 (FLR) +3 (FLR). The last extension was necessary in order to meet the 5 years qualifying period for ILR. But HSMP forum JR now only requires me to have spent 4 yrs to qualify.

I hope that answered your queries

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:53 pm

congratulation!!!!!!!!!

did u receive any refund cheque for your second FLR extention fee.

Thanks

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:32 pm

No they did not send a refund cheque with my grant of settlement. And that's because they already said the cheque will be sent separately

"If your application for settlement is successful, you will also receive a one-off payment to cover the cost of your second extension application, which would not have otherwise been required. We will make the one-off payment by cheque to the person listed as the main applicant in the second extension application. This cheque will be sent separately, not with your grant of settlement, and you do not need to take any action to request the payment - we will take the necessary action to generate it."

ethan

Congratulation

Post by ethan » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:46 am

firstly, congratulation to you!

but for the one-off payment refund. Where did you see those sentences? in website or you have been given when you granted the PR? do you need to apply for this? where is the address will you need to apply? Have you got the one-off payment back? thanks a lot!

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:22 pm

congrats, you are one the luckiest to have such a minimal timelines for Postal Application.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:32 am

Thank you "ITSME"

Thank you "ETHAN" and please find below the link about the cheque payment. Please check the second to the last paragraph of the page. I'm still waiting for the cheque to be posted to me.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... residence/

And for those that have already settled before the JR, here is the link that discuss the one-off payment

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ive-years/

Please check the right hand side of the page for the one-off payment request form

ethan

thanks a lot!

Post by ethan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:39 am

dear troyguy,

thanks for your help. I noticed that. I went to Croyton to apply myself. and at that day, they did not mentioned to me about the one-off payment. it seems those officers did not know this. even they did not know we can apply citizen if we settled down.

I also fill the form and sent to sherfilled. but till now, i have not got any feedback. this is reason i asked too. as they did not mention how long it will takes.

have you got any replied from them? or when they post this back to you, did they give any sentences or letter to mention this?

all the best,

ethan

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:34 am

Hi,

I am looking to put in my application for an ILR.

I have a similar situation as you:

- 1 year HSMP Visa(2004)
- FLR for 3 years
- July 2008 (FLR for another 3 years)

However, I have not had any financial returns since I became self employed since the middle of last year.

Please what do you suggest in this case.

Regards.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:43 am

Congratulations and good luck on your ILR, Troyguy21.

The information in ur summary is particularly useful for me as I will be ready to go for ILR by October 2009. I came in Nov'05, though I have my one yr Hsmp visa stamped since Oct 2005 and also I have a mixture of self-employment and full employment.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:58 am

hopefulkd wrote:Hi,

I am looking to put in my application for an ILR.

I have a similar situation as you:

- 1 year HSMP Visa(2004)
- FLR for 3 years
- July 2008 (FLR for another 3 years)

However, I have not had any financial returns since I became self employed since the middle of last year.

Please what do you suggest in this case.

Regards.
Useful thread for you
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40594

There is another thread, maybe more. Do a search for "self-employed" or "self-employment" and HSMP. Good luck with your application.

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Any one experienced going to Birmingham Solihull office? If I go there from London to Birmingham Solihull ... is the nearest Rail station Solihull? and how far UKBA office from that Solihull Train station...?

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:17 pm

You can get a Chiltern railways train from London Marylebone to Solihull station, from there it is a short 10-15 minute's walk to the PEO, print a map of the area before you get there as there are no signs directing you to the PEO like it is in Croydon.
'In everything give thanks'

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Another question, I have my appointment in july first week... is it better to go to birmingham and use premium service or post the application ... I am just worried about the time.... as we can see our fellow member got ILR appoved under JR Ruling just in 2 weeks ... I have the same case and I am wondering should I post the application instead of going through the hassle of travelling and all day at UKBA office... If UBKA is getting back to most of the JR Ruling case for less than a month then i would be content to post the application ...

Any idea about average JR Ruling ILR waiting times???

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:44 am

supercreature wrote:Another question, I have my appointment in july first week... is it better to go to birmingham and use premium service or post the application ... I am just worried about the time.... as we can see our fellow member got ILR appoved under JR Ruling just in 2 weeks ... I have the same case and I am wondering should I post the application instead of going through the hassle of travelling and all day at UKBA office... If UBKA is getting back to most of the JR Ruling case for less than a month then i would be content to post the application ...

Any idea about average JR Ruling ILR waiting times???
Really hard to say, the JR policy document has only been around since 20 May so it's too early to work out an "average waiting time". Although there have been quick cases (2-3 weeks), there is no guarantee of getting your documents within that time. If you have no international travel planned during the summer (or another reason you'll need your passport), I think it is safe.

I also have a Croydon appointment on 13 July, but I live in Cambridge, so I may just post my application now that I have most of the necessary documents ready.

Good luck.

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:18 am

I posted my application (HSMP JR) because it would be back dated anyway (Homeoffice Letter) to last year when I had been due for it, so I was not in a hurry. I thought if they wished they could spend 3months on it as it won't change anything and I would be able to save some quids as well. Besides getting a PEO appointment would take 6 weeks unless if I was lucky. And to my surprise, the postal option only took 2 weeks. I wished everyone would also be as quick as that.

I would only suggest you organise your document in a way to make it easier for the Homeoffice staff.

Like I said earlier, I attached each Payslip to each Bank statement and I have the salary highlighted on both.

But just be aware that this might not really be necessary and your application will still be approved as quickly as possible.

I'm still waiting for them to send my cheque but again, I get it when I get it.

Thanks

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Thanks toyguy. I just talked to HO about the docs I need to bring in for my premium service appointment next week. She insisted that:

1) Pay slips for all four years
2) Banks statements for all four years
3) P-60 for all four years.

I do not have bank statements for 2005/06. I can't locate my P-60 for 2007-08.
Any suggestions?

I entered UK in March 2005. I got 3 years extension in Feb 2006 and 3 more years in Feb 2009. That is (1+3+3).

bbkaran
troyguy21 wrote:Category: HSMP/Tier1

Documents sent
a. Letter from Employer
b. 3 Months Payslips
d. 2008/2009 P60

extra Documents Returned

[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:32 pm

I can't understand why HO asked you to supply those sizeable number of document. I would suggest you go with whatever you've got, most importantly last 3months payslip/bank statement and 2008/2009 P60.

They already checked these when you extended in February so don't know why they asked you to supply them again.

Besides, we have other stories here in the forum where HO only picked last 3months document as stated above. Don't also forget that you are covered by the last JR.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:49 pm

troyguy21 wrote:I can't understand why HO asked you to supply those sizeable number of document. I would suggest you go with whatever you've got, most importantly last 3months payslip/bank statement and 2008/2009 P60.

They already checked these when you extended in February so don't know why they asked you to supply them again.

Besides, we have other stories here in the forum where HO only picked last 3months document as stated above. Don't also forget that you are covered by the last JR.
That's true. I am sure if you call HO again now and speak to someone else, you would be told something else entirely. There is no consistency when you're dealing with the call centre and even the caseworkers. Just get as many document you can get and go for your appointment. Make it clear there that all your document were checked when you extend your visa but be polite when putting your case through. All the best.

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:39 am

Thanks guys.

I think the docs they were demanding are for someone who was in HSMP/WP combination.
I will take with me all I have, the significant one missing is 2008 P-60. But I have this year P-60 etc.

I will let you know how I got on after 2nd July.

bbkaran

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:50 am

troyguy,
Congrats and thanks for sharing. I have been trying to get a peo appt for a month now without any joy. The 2 week turnaround for your postal app sounds wonderful. Did you give them any reason for hurrying up your application ?

Mini
Mini

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:24 am

No I did not give any reason. I did not send any letter on top of my application. What I sent are what I've listed here.

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Dos anyone know ILR (under HSMP JR) application process for 18+ year old dependent?
I called call centre, and I was told that the dependent will have to use the same form SET(0).
She is the same one who asked me to bring four years long payslips, banks statements and P-60s. Could anyone clarify please?

bbkaran

PS: I asked a similar question in another thread a few days ago. There was no response.